Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geoff Grace
    started a topic Auria: 48 track iPad DAW Released

Auria: 48 track iPad DAW Released

When I ran into Craig at Winter NAMM, the first thing he did was take me over to the WaveMachine Labs booth to see Auria.

Although there's no way a tablet DAW can manage the features and power of the best computer DAWs, I was nonetheless very impressed by how much WaveMachine Labs packed into an iPad app!

And of course the tablet format has advantages that computer DAWs lack, such as a multitouch display, an even easier portability than a laptop, and an App store price of $49.99.

Info here:

Auria

Plug-in maker PSP had a hand in designing Auria's effects. More here:

Auria the first 48 track digital audio workstation for iPad by WaveMachine Labs inc.

Best,

Geoff

• A. Einstein
    replied
    The dance stuff is all mixed with TouchOSC and Launchpad, for other substyles I wouldn't use any iPad

This guy is a genius:

Leave a comment:

• Ronan Murphy
    replied
    I am just hoping they make and ipad with enough horsepower that I can mix on it.

Leave a comment:

• gdoubleyou
    replied
    Already own the Io Dock, probably will give the app a look soon.

Leave a comment:

• MikeRivers
    replied

Auria Audio Interface Compatibility

There's certainly some good stuff there, but how does it get to "see" all of those inputs and outputs? Is there something like the Apple Core Audio system built into an iPad? In the Windows world, if you don't have an ASIO driver and a program that supports an ASIO driver, you only see two inputs or outputs, or at best a multi-output as a surround configuration.

Has anyone tricked out one of the larger interfaces like the Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL to see how many tracks you can actually record simultaneously without it choking? I assume that since it's billed as a 48 track DAW, it will play and mix 48 tracks simultaneously, but they have to get there somehow, and hopefully not just one or two at a time.

On the other hand, I know that I can record 16 tracks simultaneously on my cheap netbook using a Scarlett 18i6 and Reaper. It's only a little bigger than an iPad and doesn't cost me an extra $500.

Leave a comment:

• deanmass
    replied
    If the ASPCA ever decide to use THAT breed of puppy in their ads, donations will plummet.

A round up of the iPad interfaces would be sweet. I was wondering if the Reason Balance would work via the camera connection kit.

Leave a comment:

• A. Einstein
    replied
    I may biy one for my children, but only when the Apple dividend raises,

otherwise I throw that cash out the window in little coins when some Korean tourists pass my house

Leave a comment:

• Phil O'Keefe
    replied
    You know, a roundup of iPad interfaces would make a useful article. I wonder if anyone has done it yet.

Best,

Geoff

Not that I'm aware of Geoff, but that is a very good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Grace
    replied
    You know, a roundup of iPad interfaces would make a useful article. I wonder if anyone has done it yet.

Best,

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Grace
    replied
    This might be helpful:

Auria Audio Interface Compatibility

Obviously, it's not a comprehensive list; but it will let you know what's known by WaveMachine Labs to work and not work with Auria.

Best,

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Lee Flier
    replied
    Yeah, the quiet is definitely an advantage for acoustic stuff. And there are a few USB interfaces that don't require a camera kit because they're made to plug right into the iPad or iPhone dock. The TASCAM IU2 that I just got is one of those.

Leave a comment:

• dramey
    replied
    I'm pretty tempted to pick this up, but would need the camera kit and a usb interface as well (my main interface is firewire), so I'm holding off a bit to see how people like it. It would be awesome to be able to record my nephews band where they practice, or jamming at a friends house or just for recording acoustic guitars and vocals in the living room away from PC noise.

Leave a comment:

• UstadKhanAli
    replied
    We live in a fantastic world.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Flier
    replied
    As Geoff knows, I downloaded Auria last night. Pretty blown away so far. Just got myself a TASCAM IU2 interface for the iPhone/iPad and am eager to start using this as a sketchpad/portable recording rig.

Leave a comment:

• electrochrisso
    replied
    Professional looking product, I would probably get it if I ever get an iPad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X