Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Gear Snobbery

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Snobbery

Are you a gear-snob?

I'm not. I'll buy any old crap  .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

a selection of my songs: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101

my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaulTiberiusNads

Definitely not a gear snob here.

Nice gear is nice. 

But it doesn't make bad music good and it never will.

music and social stuff

Comment

• MarkydeSad
      MarkydeSad commented
      Editing a comment

blue2blue wrote:

Definitely not a gear snob here.

Nice gear is nice. 

But it doesn't make bad music good and it never will.

I agree with that 100%

MarkydeSad wrote:

Are you a gear-snob?

I'm not. I'll buy any old crap  .png" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" />

No.  I never have been.  And I just don't have time for that crap or anybody who's really into that.

Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

My reverse gear snobbery extends to my computer, as well.

While I once spent new car money on a computer (OK, Yugo money, anyhow; my second, back in 1988), while my current life pretty much revolves around my computer (I work for a living on it; I make music on it; I edit vids on it; I get virtually all my electronic entertainment and edification on it (or my tablet or phone).

So... is it some fire-breathing, overclocked, water-cooled rocket ship?

Hardly.

It's a refurbed Dell, single core, beater P4 (HT) that cost $343 before tax and shipping. (I added monitor big drives,  FW, memory, etc, of coruse.)  

It does what I need and it does it, overall, pretty darn well.*

*Flash issues notwithstanding. For the last year and change, various problems with Adobe's Flash have kept me hopping from browser to browser for Flash content. I don't know if it's especially bad on XP or what, but I have to say my contempt for Adobe just keeps solidifying.

music and social stuff

Comment

• philbo
        philbo commented
        Editing a comment

You can't claim gear is really retro-cool unless all the diodes are cat-whisker galena crystals.   :cat: (damn - what a lame set of emoticons!)

Working...
    X