Mr. Anderton, Could You Please Help Me Make My Carbon 49 Touch-Sensitive?

• Members

Your review of this was the final prompt for me to purchase this.

I really like this unit, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to activate the 127 levels of  touch sensitivity.

If it helps, I'm using Studio One Free with this. Could there be something in the DAW that I have to switch on or something like that?

As always, the help is appreciated, even though I have a sneaking suspicion that there are two more of you running around!

• Members

Well first, let's get our terms straight. What they call "touch sensitive" refers to velocity - the dynamics with which you play. The Carbon 49 doesn't do aftertouch, where pressing on the key after it's down makes a change.

That said, the Cabon 49 inherently generates velocity, but the target device has to respond to velocity or it won't make any difference. Also, there are three velocity curves but also a fixed velocity option - make sure you've selected a curve that has velocity. The manual is here, and the information is on page 15 (although you'll have to read earlier in the manual to find out how to edit parameters).

Let me know if this helps.

Archived