Mix C64 loops, Ableton Launchpad and Korg KP3 ?

• Members

C64 Mesheen !!

First off a warning. This is not considered music by many.

Special thanks to Blue for suggesting Vegas for video. This thing would have never synced up so well without it. Most of the audio (with exception of my intro) was recorded directly into a 15 year old Sony with Firewire. It was the camera in the bottom right hand corner and supplied 99% of the audio. There was no mixer and I was having a rough time monitoring with only one ear working in the headphone, and of course no VU meter. My left hand had to be always touching the KP3 or the sound dropped off. (Now that I think of it my right hand would have been better for the timbre control.) Anyway...without further ado .

• Members

Oh no! You've been sucked into EDM!!

There's no turning back. You've been warned.

BTW - don't EVER try out Push for Ableton Live unless you have enough in your bank account to buy it on the spot. t's really cool - I hear rumors it's such a hit that it's backordered into the summer.

• Members

Thanks Craig. I told you that I might go over to the "dark side". Seriously though, I don't expect to do this live, even thought the DJs get paid better than musicians now.

Anyway, Ableton did some things that I liked , taking loops recorded at different BPM and WARPing them so that they all fit nicely, but I wasn't sure what it did to my keys (notes) I'm sure you could hear some sour chords there. The object , when I set it up, was to make it so that no matter what button I hit, I couldn't go wrong.

Dan

BTW PUSH looks like it responds faster than the Launchpad. It seems that you can actually PLAY on it like a real instrument from the video that I've seen. .................and those knobs..............are sweet. I bet you can map them anyway that you want....timbre, pitch etc.

I see that the Live 9 INTRO package with PUSH is $600 for me. That would be ok, as long as it uses ALL of the knobs and buttons, otherwise, I could accomplish the same thing with what I already have. I'm only using Ableton LITE right now, which shipped with my Launchpad. So is Ableton killing Novation, or has Novation been bought by Ableton? 

Archived