Still some pretty annoying problems with the forum

Philter

• Members

The thing that bugs me the most:

Truncated thread titles.  Makes it impossible to know what many threads are about before opening them... this makes me not want to use the forum at all.  And it seems totally stupid because of how much white space goes wasted in the thread listing pages.

And, I can't find the feedback forum any more.  Did they give up?

• Members

The Return of...Is Your Music Any Good? Find Out H...

The Return of...Is Your Music Any Good? Find Out How To Make It Better?

The Return of...Is Your Music Any Good? Find Out Hurtful Things People are Saying About It.

Etc. Sucks, I don't want to open each thread to find out the topic. It's worse on the political forum where topics are often long.

• Members

The thread title issue is one of the most pressing -- and perplexing.

It is one of the surprisingly large number of issues here that have had me scratching my head over Lithium's forum system. I get it that Lithium was designed as a customer support forum -- but so many of the perplexing, missing, misapplied, or just plain misguided features in Lithium are features that are just as important to customer service as they are to a general discussion forum -- sometimes more so.

FWIW, you can still find the Feedback link in the footer of most (or all) of the forum pages under the Help Desk column header.

Philter wrote:

Truncated thread titles.

Makes it impossible to know what many threads are about before opening them... this makes me not want to use the forum at all.  And it seems totally stupid because of how much white space goes wasted in the thread listing pages.

As has already been mentioned, the Feedback forum is still there.

As far as thread titles, I was asked about that a couple of days ago, and I said I was in favor of making them longer. I'm not sure if my advice will be heeded or not, and if so, when that will happen, but I was asked, so apparently someone is considering changing that.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Philter wrote:

Truncated thread titles.
  Makes it impossible to know what many threads are about before opening them... this makes me not want to use the forum at all.  And it seems totally stupid because of how much white space goes wasted in the thread listing pages.

As has already been mentioned, the Feedback forum is still there.

As far as thread titles, I was asked about that a couple of days ago, and I said I was in favor of making them longer. I'm not sure if my advice will be heeded or not, and if so, when that will happen, but I was asked, so apparently someone is considering changing that.

Thank Phil, I did post about it on that forum (a couple times I think) but it feels a bit like an echo chamber in there.  Glad to know they are still thinking about improvements.

Archived