Another Forum Down The Tubes

• CMS Author

No, not this one, at least not yet. The Mackie forum has been discontinued, to be replaced by a searchable knowledge base. It must have been about 4 years ago now that I heard from one of the Mackoids that they were going to do this, but the forum kept on. I guess they finally decided they could be smarter than we are. ;)

Given the kind of products that they're making now, lots of software control, not so much plain ol' mixers, there's a limited amount that you can do with them, and in a limited number of ways, so perhaps a "do it this way" approach will work out well.

• Members

blue2blue wrote:

One gets the sense that companies that remove their customer support forums are often running away from a forum scene that involves angry criticism of the company and its products. 

Could be, but forums require a fair amount of effort. Some companies just aren't willing to do that. Then if they don't participate, they're seen as distant and not giving a damn.

• Members

MikeRivers wrote:

No, not this one, at least not yet. The Mackie forum has been discontinued, to be replaced by a searchable knowledge base. It must have been about 4 years ago now that I heard from one of the Mackoids that they were going to do this, but the forum kept on. I guess they finally decided they could be smarter than we are.
;)

Given the kind of products that they're making now, lots of software control, not so much plain ol' mixers, there's a limited amount that you can do with them, and in a limited number of ways, so perhaps a "do it this way" approach will work out well.

Hi Mike. I have rounded up most of the regulars from the Mackie DL1608 forum but any other refugees from the Mackie forums are welcome to stop by and/or contribute to a section for whatever products they might have. I'm also compiling a list of other forums that support Mackie products, mostly discontinued ones. Just click on the angry mob biggrin.gif.

• CMS Author

RoadRanger wrote:

MikeRivers wrote:

No, not this one, at least not yet. The Mackie forum has been discontinued, to be replaced by a searchable knowledge base. It must have been about 4 years ago now that I heard from one of the Mackoids that they were going to do this, but the forum kept on. I guess they finally decided they could be smarter than we are.
;)

I have rounded up most of the regulars from the Mackie DL1608 forum but any other refugees from the Mackie forums are welcome to stop by and/or contribute to a section for whatever products they might have. I'm also compiling a list of other forums that support Mackie products, mostly discontinued ones. 

That's a good thing. Unfortunately, unless you've been in close contact with the old forum members, or you've been anticipating the shutdown and have set up at least a placeholder, it's difficult to get the word out.I stop by Peter Sueco's d8b forum now and then, but the Mackie forum was where people who buought their used HDRs usually went to first, so it was a good place to plug my book.

I never had enough interest in the DL1608 to get one to play with but that seemed to be the branch of the Mackie forum with the most activity lately. But given that, functionally it's pretty straightforward and it depends strongly on what Apple does, support by a well written set of articles that address the frequently asked questions will probalby work.

Archived