Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Monophonic Guitar to MIDI Converter VST

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had occurred to me that there might be innocent reasons...

Still, it's kind of hard to imagine a plug-in that needs internet/networking capabilities. It's not the kind of overhead I want to see my plug-ins carrying into my DAW. If OP is using link libraries that liberally, one wonders what other presumed dead weight the plug might be carrying.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

It had occurred to me that there might be innocent reasons...

Still, it's kind of hard to imagine a plug-in that needs internet/networking capabilities. It's not the kind of overhead I want to see my plug-ins carrying into my DAW. If OP is using link libraries that liberally, one wonders what other presumed dead weight the plug might be carrying.

HEY BRO2BRO

I think we're probably in agreement regarding the potential quality of this plugin. At least, I can't see it doing any better than Melodyne, so I'm not particularly interested.

I'm more concerned about whether this rascally goofball is up to no good. I'll have more info later tonight.
      My Own Machine

Comment

HEY BRO

Right on!

Comment

HEY BROS

The VST plugin looks legit.

No apparent attempts to access the internet, no system hooks or autoruns installed, and nothing rootkit-ish going on.

The plugin loaded okay in Reaper, but I didn't run any sweet guitar sounds through it, so I have no idea how well it works.
          My Own Machine

Comment

I don't know any API's, but i made this in Outsim Synthmaker, probably the VST rendered in it using those suspicious dlls. I have no idea what those do actually, in SM you just clicked 'export as VST' and you got the dll plugin, so it's just like saving patch/preset, but the result is a VST dll.

Wait, you guys probably never heard of Synthmaker maybe ? That's too bad..

Yeah i know, all Roland users are well known of hating software Pitch to MIDI

Ok, sorry for posting the link, i'll remove it if it's not accepted here.

Comment

...market research for pr0n sites? trafficking highly illegal underage material?

Hey, that sounds like good idea...

Comment

BertAnt

It's tough giving something away for free, hunh?

Now, that you -- or your software, anyway -- has gone through the gantlet and emerged, beaten but unbent, let me say, Welcome!

I think we all owe AwayEam (that Hey Bro guy ) a big thanks for putting in all the detective work and helping to keep us from hanging an innocent piece of software in the town square.

But now it's all vetted (and hazed ) and BertAnt has it listed at KVR and all is right with the world. At least in this small corner of the universe.

The system works.

Comment

i built a guitar midi converter at one time but ultimately stopped development of it due to a huge roadblock in the envelope stage. i could analyze the pitch, trigger the midi note but had difficulty with it re-triggering. not sensitivity issue; i couldnt figure out a way to 'hold' the note, so it just kept retriggering to infinity as long as i played the note on the guitar. after a lot of monkeying and reading, i finally just took the working part of my program and made it into a realtime synth - and that worked great.

so bertant, how did you get past this complex issue?
                  band status - "its complicated"

Comment

It's tough giving something away for free, hunh?

Now, that you -- or your software, anyway -- has gone through the gantlet and emerged, beaten but unbent, let me say, Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome It's not really free though, i was hoping comments in return, so i can improve it even more, it's like comment-ware But, if i'm wasting everyone's time by asking opinion, then i apologize for it.

Comment

i built a guitar midi converter at one time but ultimately stopped development of it due to a huge roadblock in the envelope stage. i could analyze the pitch, trigger the midi note but had difficulty with it re-triggering. not sensitivity issue; i couldnt figure out a way to 'hold' the note, so it just kept retriggering to infinity as long as i played the note on the guitar. after a lot of monkeying and reading, i finally just took the working part of my program and made it into a realtime synth - and that worked great.

so bertant, how did you get past this complex issue?

Well, i've done some approach that integrates the triggering into pitch detection itself, so it won't retrigger unless intended to. What you mentioned is something i faced at MIDI events creation stage, and i figure to hold the note it can be done with env follower -> schmitt trigger (which has different on/off threshold). The most annoying thing of MIDI Note Events is its sample and hold type, it's not continuous, so i found the MIDI events should be prepared to match this type before sending it out.

Comment

• strelis
                        strelis commented
                        Editing a comment

The person who created this plugin done good work, you only need to complete this plugin to work., I wish the author success!

Working...
                    X