X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Anderton Joins Gibson

NASHVILLE, TENNESEE, February 20, 2013 -- Gibson today announced that music industry icon Craig Anderton will be joining the company in the role of Executive Vice President, Evangelist to implement a far-reaching program devoted to music education and enjoyment.

===

Congratulations, my friend. I hope this is everything you want it to be.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i><font color="Green"><a href="http://www.zakclaxton.com/" target="_blank">Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all</a></font></i></font></div>

Let me be the second to welcome Craig into the world of what some of us call a "real job." I think this is the first time I've ever heard of an Executive Vice President, Evangelist. Sure sounds like it must pay well.
    --
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

• nat whilk II
      nat whilk II commented
      Editing a comment

Congratulations, Craig!   Hope this brings lots of good things to you, our hard-working mentor.

Tell us later how this might effect your other activities in which we have an interest.  But for now, you need to sign up for that 401(k)!

nat whilk ii

• Alndln3
      Alndln3 commented
      Editing a comment

MikeRivers wrote:
      I think this is the first time I've ever heard of an Executive Vice President, Evangelist.

Does this mean that Gibson is a religion now? Anway, congrats craig and much luck in the future.

Big congratulations, Craigthumb.gif

Attached Files

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

Comment

• UstadKhanAli
      UstadKhanAli commented
      Editing a comment

Best best wishes for you and your new gig, and for making a difference.  I look forward to what you do there!!!!!

congratulations!  and best of luck to ya!  may the wind always be at your back...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    acoustics and electrics of different aspects. some amps and cabs
    and a multifx...

Comment

• PunkKitty
      PunkKitty commented
      Editing a comment

Congratulations, Craig!

Can you get me a job? I really need a job. I'm very serious.

Congrats. Hopefully, you can provide some course correction, as I find them a bit lost lately.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn<br />
    <br />
    Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.</div>

Comment

Well done, Craig.  When you get there, would you please let them know that HC forumite Help!I'maRock wants the long neck tenon back?

Cheers to you!

<font size="1">It's hard to face the truth, but I suppose you yourself realize that if you'd had just a little more courage, just a little more strength of character, you could have been dead by now. No such luck.<br><br><b>--P. J. O'Rourke--</b></font><br>

Comment

Lol.

They brought back the long tenon on the Studio and Standard models for 2013. I would like to see it applied to the entire line.

I would also like to see the headstock angle reduced, and Henry disallowed from speaking in public.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://commonsensemets.tumblr.com" target="_blank">The Common Sense Mets Fan</a><br />
        <br />
        <i>There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that &quot;my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.&quot; - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)</i></div>

Comment

Also, congrats Craig!
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://commonsensemets.tumblr.com" target="_blank">The Common Sense Mets Fan</a><br />
          <br />
          <i>There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that &quot;my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.&quot; - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)</i></div>

Comment

• russrags
            russrags commented
            Editing a comment

Listening to "Duke" right now  : -)   Nice analogy.

Does this mean you'l be moving to Nashville???

ooooooh I hope so, if you ever need a bird sitter I'm your man .. tweat tweat

Russ

Nashville

Congratulations Craig, I hope you fight the good fight and damn the exotic woods nazies, a good company just got greater(by the new "company" it keep's), best of all luck.

Comment

I just thought of something(I know, that's dangerous), when you said you severed your relationship with Harmony Central does that mean your forum too?

If so your welcome to come back as an Alt my friend.

Comment

• MrKnobs
              MrKnobs commented
              Editing a comment

Good luck, boss man!

Terry

Congratulations Craig and good luck!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://home.centurytel.net/pontiacblues/" target="_blank">Pontiac Blues Band Home Page</a><br />
            <a href="http://home.centurytel.net/pontiacblues/YDHTLMr2.mp3" target="_blank">Today's Sample Song - You Didn't Have To Leave Me</a></div>

Comment

• philbo
              philbo commented
              Editing a comment

Congratulations!  (Only in Tennessee could there be a job with a title like that!)

I wish you well.  I hope the forum stays; it's still my favorite. (it has a notable lack of idiocy, which I've found to be unusual and engaging).   Anyway, stop in & post once in a while, if HC plans to keep it running.

Comment

Well after finally figuring out exactly where Anderton was on the web...And registering here today....I'm less than thrilled that as soon as I register..He quits. Plus I sold my Les Paul two months ago. So now he goes to work for Gibson. Glad my handle isn't PurrFectTiming anymore. 

Congratulations nonetheless Craig. You'll be nothing but great for Gibson. I'll always have your books, the articles you wrote I clipped out of countless magazines, and the lifeless carcass of my PIA 4 channel fuzz to remember you by.

Best of luck....

www.soundcloud.com/alamojoe

Comment

Working...
              X