Microsoft Surface

Anderton

• Members

Isn't this what Sonar X2 was coded around, Touch screen operation. I'de be interested to hear if anyone has tried Sonar with it myself.

I wonder if the rumors are true, Desktop PC's are on the way out(i surely hope not).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've used the Surface RT and it's horrible, clunky, unwieldy and buggy. For music there don't seem to be any apps of significance available (not in most categories actually) and you can't install any standard Windows desktop software. On the Pro you can, it's just a touch enabled Windows PC effectively, but there's no ability to zoom in on screen so trying to use normal applications on a ten inch screen is just painful. Stay away.

• Members

canardminceblanc wrote:

I've used the Surface RT and it's horrible, clunky, unwieldy and buggy. For music there don't seem to be any apps of significance available (not in most categories actually) and you can't install any standard Windows desktop software. On the Pro you can, it's just a touch enabled Windows PC effectively, but there's no ability to zoom in on screen so trying to use normal applications on a ten inch screen is just painful. Stay away.

So basically...if you want something that does what an iPad does, except has less battery life, clunkier industrial design, and costs a whole lot more, Surface Pro is the ticket. :)

Still, based on what you're saying, it seems that the fundamental concept may have merit but the execution sucks. In any event, the RT certainly sounds like a major loser, whereas the Pro lets you run actual Windows programs so you can at least do word processing, internet browsing, etc.

Archived