Sonar X2 has been out awhile now; how is it treating you?

• Members

I like it,  and it's the DAW I feel most comfortable in.     They have done some curious things---     such as putting the BOUNCE TO TRACKS command in a (to me) obscure,  hidden place that's unintuitive.    My software philosophy is,    the most basic,   rudimentary commands--   the things most basic to editing---    should be right up front 'n' center,   where a chimpanzee could find them without ever resorting to helpfiles.      The tweak-y,   new fancy {censored} makes for good eye candy,   and flatters some newbie users into thinking they're doing something cutting-edge,    but it should take its place behind the most basic,  "dumb" commands.   I can't see as there should be any exception to that rule.    For ANY software on any discipline.

• Members

I use it all the time. I got X1 very early on, when it was still buggy and weird. I installed it side-by-side with 8.5.3. Once I got used to X1, I could work much faster even with the bugs, and whenever I went back to 8.5.3 I always felt slowed down.

X1 went through a bunch of improvements. But X2 tightened down a lot of screws, and does everything I need. Things that seemed like odd choices at first have, over time, become very comfortable for me.

Archived