not sure about NAMM yet

• Members

On May 24 I woke up with a splitting headache that hasn't completely left me yet. I was overduing it a bit, trying to cut my lunches and stepping my bike riding up from1 hour to 2 hours a day. I had some boils (solar overexposure?) on the back of my head which are healing. Then there is the factor that I'm leaning into the handlebars of the bike and I was also trying some crazy drum rolls which may have pulled some shoulder muscles. To muddy up a diagnosis even more I also fell down that day , caught myself, but still hit my nose in the grass (but not too hard). So now I want to keep up my exercise, so I was outside Monday and Tuesday cutting grass for 2 hours each day with a straw hat on. Today I want to bike ride again for 2 hours but a straw hat won't stay on with the wind.....walk again today?Part of my bike ride is in a wooded natural bike trail which is full of insects and small animals...Perhaps something bit me. I also have allergies to weeds, but I never SEEMED to have conjestion........................Doctor? you say

Last Friday I went to a clinic doctor. I forgot to mention the sores on the back of my head , but he noticed muscle swelling at the base of my head. I'm on MILOXICAM for 10 days (5 more days left) I think most of the swelling is gone but I may have to go back to him to address the sores. The most serious part of this headache , right now, is that the pain is breaking up my sleep.

I normally don't get headaches , or if I do I usually know the cause....hunger, thirst and too much caffeine are among those that I abused recently.

Rather than skipping lunch, I have resorted , the past week , to having a large bowl of lentil, carrot bean soup.

Hopefully I'll get better soon, and make it to NAMM, but right now I'm taking a "wait and see" approach.

Dan

• CMS Author

Sorry to hear of your aches and pains. It comes with getting old enough to retire.

My biggest headache with NAMM in Nashville is the cost of hotels near the convention center, alternatively, the high cost of parking near by if I stay in a reasonably priced hotel and rent a car. Up until maybe the year before last, I could stay within walking distance of the show for under $75/night or park a car all day for $2. Not any more . Since there's no longer any likely income associated with attending, I simply can't justify the cost.

Post your 20 page report like I used to do.

• Members

Hey Mike

If I remember correctly, you did some nice articles. I drive to Nashville. That makes it a little less expensive. It is a 10 hour drive for me. Possibly , I may WIN a set of drums (already tried 9 times no cigar yet). That is part of the motivation. The other thing is that I might SEE something that changes my way of making music forever. That is what happened to me in 2001 when I got my Roland Studio Pack . There haven't been any real new things except for LIVE , and it took me 4 or 5 years before I actually GOT IT !

I can appreciate your reason for staying at home.

Dan

Archived