Bruce Swedien Is in the House!

Anderton

• Members

Super-engineer Bruce Swedien (who's worked with Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, Mick Jagger, Muddy Waters, B.B. King, George Benson, Sergio Mendez, Patti Austin, John Lee Hooker, Missing Persons, Duke Ellington, Nat King Cole, Sarah Vaughn, Jackie Wilson, Oscar Peterson, Barbra Streisand, the Chi-Lites, Buddy Miles, Lionel Hampton, Donna Summer, Count Basie, Stan Kenton, Lena Horne, Paul McCartney, Natalie Cole, Edgar Winter, and Woody Herman, and a zillion others) has been nominated for 13 Grammy Awards, and has won 5. He's also written the book "Make Mine Music," which has enough cool anecdotes to make a great read.

But of greatest interest to the Harmony Central community, he's also waaay into forums, particularly this one! So, this thread is Bruce's virtual home where you can ask him questions, and where I've invited him to sound off on just about anything he wants. If all goes as planned, we'll venture out into creating more threads as time goes on.

Bruce is a really nice guy who loves to record and listen to music. He's into the art of music and recording, and the emotional experience. He's one of those pros who's smart enough to know that he can learn a lot from those just starting out, but he's also extremely generous with his knowledge and time. He's a very very busy guy, but let's give him a nice warm welcome to the forum! Welcome back, Bruce!

• Members
  • Members

Hi everyone.....

I've missed the forum. Every time I make an Mp3 I have thought of youse guys. I keep my SSS Special Custom Mp3 manual right by my computer.

There is much going on in my life. I hope it's the same for all of you..... I've never been busier, ever! I love it!!!

Brucie the Viking!!!!

:D :D :D

• Members

------->With the recent passing of Mr. Eugene record, I wonder if you have recollections to share about recording the Chi-lites? Was it in Chicago? Had they hit it big yet?

Brucie answers-------->I did all the Chi-Lites records. In Chicago. First at Universal Recording, then at Soundmarket Studios and then I built a studio on South Michigan Avenue for Brunswick Records....

They were fantastic beyond description. As vocal artists AND musicians. THEY COULD SING!!!!

I couldn't get to Eugene's funeral in Chicago, but I heard from everyone. Eugene was much loved and much respected. He was a true Studio Gentleman!!!

In the 1960's through the mid-1970's Chicago was a major music recording center. I treasure my years there.

Bruce Swedien

Archived