A Treat for Mark Longworth Fans! [Now with YouTube Embed]

Anderton

• Members

You may recall a while ago Mark posted a link to what he considered a trance song, "Magic Spell." I told him I wanted to do a version but I felt that his vocals would work better, so he sent me all his vocal tracks and I did a hardcore trance remix. What's interesting about this is it starts with his original version, but with the augmented vocals layered on top, and then all hell breaks loose after a while.

Fun stuff. Mark's music is a great. And once again, this proves Mark's songs are indestructible. 

• Members

Joking aside, this has been a very interesting experience

When Craig asked me to send him all the vocal tracks for the song Magic Spell, I was a tad hesitant at first. You see, I'd never before sent anyone vocal tracks. I'm a bit embarrassed about my singing voice, and the thought of anyone hearing me 'naked', as it were, filled me with dread. But I sent 'em to him anyway

And I'm very pleased with the results. Craig has done a great job blending my warbling with his very inventive musical creation. I've been listening to it at work today and I am, as we say in Lancashire, well-chuffed :)

I wonder what's next for this burgeoning musical partnership....

• Members

I think this overall works very well. The go-big is especially effective. Now, I wouldn't really call this hardcore, but that's not really much of an issue (genre classifications just exist to make rock crits feel important and drive musicians nuts, anyhow). I like the adventurousness in the extension. The tribal drums were a bit unexpected and form a sort of primal destination at the end of a restless stylistic journey.

thumb.gif

PS... Je serais tr

Archived