No announcement yet.

A Treat for Mark Longworth Fans! [Now with YouTube Embed]

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Treat for Mark Longworth Fans! [Now with YouTube Embed]

You may recall a while ago Mark posted a link to what he considered a trance song, "Magic Spell." I told him I wanted to do a version but I felt that his vocals would work better, so he sent me all his vocal tracks and I did a hardcore trance remix. What's interesting about this is it starts with his original version, but with the augmented vocals layered on top, and then all hell breaks loose after a while.

Fun stuff. Mark's music is a great. And once again, this proves Mark's songs are indestructible. 

Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

What a pair of talented fellows we are!

a selection of my songs

all new mark's place

Comment

• Anderton
      Anderton commented
      Editing a comment

MarkydeSad wrote:

What a pair of talented fellows we are!

Especially when I have good material to steal. I mean, be inspired by.

Joking aside, this has been a very interesting experience

When Craig asked me to send him all the vocal tracks for the song Magic Spell, I was a tad hesitant at first. You see, I'd never before sent anyone vocal tracks. I'm a bit embarrassed about my singing voice, and the thought of anyone hearing me 'naked', as it were, filled me with dread. But I sent 'em to him anyway

And I'm very pleased with the results. Craig has done a great job blending my warbling with his very inventive musical creation. I've been listening to it at work today and I am, as we say in Lancashire, well-chuffed

I wonder what's next for this burgeoning musical partnership....

a selection of my songs

all new mark's place

Comment

• Ernest Buckley
      Ernest Buckley commented
      Editing a comment

Sometimes I feel like we`re the only 3 people on this forum...

I think this overall works very well. The go-big is especially effective. Now, I wouldn't really call this hardcore, but that's not really much of an issue (genre classifications just exist to make rock crits feel important and drive musicians nuts, anyhow). I like the adventurousness in the extension. The tribal drums were a bit unexpected and form a sort of primal destination at the end of a restless stylistic journey.

thumb.gif

PS... Je serais tr

Attached Files

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

• UstadKhanAli
      UstadKhanAli commented
      Editing a comment

:smileythumbsupsmall:

It's not my style, but it does sound really good.  Everything does, singing, music, everything.

Really great,  guys.     Lovin' it.    kinda Pet Shop Boys in feel...  Beatlesque,  too.  :smileystatic:

Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Anderton wrote:

Fun stuff. Mark's music is a great. And once again, this proves Mark's songs are indestructible. 

A really enjoyable listen, you guys are doing some great song crafting!

http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

Comment

• Mark L
        Mark L commented
        Editing a comment

Thanks

Working...
    X