Musically speaking....

Mark L

• Members

....what was your finest hour or proudest moment?

For me it was this:

In the early 2000s BBC Radio Merseyside had a feature entitled 'Stars in Your Ears', where unsigned artists were invited to submit songs. The ones that the host liked were played on air

I submitted a song entitled 'Confusion'. I had absolutely no illusions that it would be played. Imagine my surprise, therefore, that whilst driving along the M62 motorway, the song was introduced and played

I nearly crashed the van I was driving! Nothing like that had ever happened to me before. I've never been happier. I was on a high for about a week afterward. Ah, the memories....:)

• Members

Mine aren't really accolades, although I've been lucky to get a few of those also.  

Mine was finishing the album "Sangsara" (Eleven Shadows), getting it back from the mastering lab, firing it up, putting my feet back, and listening to the whole thing.

Mine was also connecting with an audience of hundreds of Japanese tourists at The Whisky playing with my band Nectar.  We played well and it just worked and they were the greatest audience I've ever played for, jumping up and down to the music, screaming, pointing at us, the whole bit.  That was so much fun.

Some of the accolades I forget compared to these, although I did remember getting a really great review in Alternative Press and really thinking that was good, and also getting played on KCRW for the first time.  That was fun also.

• Members

UstadKhanAli wrote:

Mine aren't really accolades, although I've been lucky to get a few of those also.  

Mine was finishing the album "Sangsara" (Eleven Shadows), getting it back from the mastering lab, firing it up, putting my feet back, and listening to the whole thing.

Mine was also connecting with an audience of hundreds of Japanese tourists at The Whisky playing with my band Nectar.  We played well and it just worked and they were the greatest audience I've ever played for, jumping up and down to the music, screaming, pointing at us, the whole bit.  That was so much fun.

Some of the accolades I forget compared to these, although I did remember getting a really great review in Alternative Press and really thinking that was good, and also getting played on KCRW for the first time.  That was fun also.

:)

Archived