RIP Angelo Clematide

gubu

• Members

Photo Angelo\_IMG\_4093\_cut.jpg

1954-2013

Musician, composer, arranger, producer, publisher, entrepeneur, husband, father, friend and mentor.

Known to most of you as Rudolf von Hagenwil, A Einstein etc.

Sadly missed.

Rest in peace

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

530abb626da4a.jpg

• Members

Do you know what happened?

I enjoyed his remarks. He was at once acerbic, impatient, and seemed deeply knowledgeable. He could be really helpful and maddening at the same time.

I think he would take great joy in that.

Best,

Dave

• Members

Whoa! Is this one of Angelo's tricks? Sorry if this seems crass but I wouldn't put it past our good friend Rudolf von Hagenwil to pull something like this, having someone post about his demise.

If, indeed Angelo Clematide passed on he will certainly be sorely missed by many of us here. It took me some time to get a grip on where he was coming from and wrap my head around his humor. I will certainly miss his sometimes ascerbic wit.

RIP.

• Members

Guys, this is 100% genuine. I spoke with his wife on the phone yesterday.

If you were a friend of his, or if you'd done some business with him, I'm sure that she will be in touch with you in due course.

• Members

gubu wrote:

Guys, this is 100% genuine. I spoke with his wife on the phone yesterday.

If you were a friend of his, or if you'd done some business with him, I'm sure that she will be in touch with you in due course.

Oh no. I was convinced this was a hoax and sent him a flippant email, asking him to confirm he was still alive

I apologise to his family profusely

• Members

Gubu (you can check his posts) is no flake - he's written many knowledgeable, helpful posts, and Rudy would usually participate in those same threads.

So I'm thinking, with sorrow, that this is a legit notification.  There's a good number of people who post here who knew him personally - I hope they show up to say some more about him.

A few little items about Angelo:

When he first showed up on one of the boards, he posted photos from his home in Switzerland.  To anyone from Texas, it looked like heaven on steroids.  I wish I still had a link to those photos - if anyone has it, it would be great to see those again.

He's listed on the Wikipedia page for Swiss composers, as, of course, Angelo Clematide.

His photo ops with Bruce Swedien are legit if you've seen those.  He knew LOTS of people with impressive musical credentials. And he was involved in a project in Shanghai called the China Music Industry Park.  You can google up info on that if interested.  Bruce also has some connection there, too.

There's an album of his music easily found on the web called A Touch of Love.  I suppose it would be called New Age, for what labels are worth. 

He posted up a list of (some) of his favorite classical composers some years back.  In typical "Rudy" fashion, he was letting us rubes know that there were other  composers besides the 3 Bs, etc.  Can't argue there...I still have the list and I've been going through it slowly, finding new stuff to listen and learn about. 

Yeah, he was a handful from a board moderator's perspective.  But I think that can be ignored now as he was a whole lot else - a fascinating, gifted, and complex person by all accounts.

nat whilk ii

• Members

gubu wrote:

Feckin hell Marky.

I knew I should have kept this to PM's and left a mod make the news public.

My bad

Not at all. I think you did fine. 

No one should fault the sincere motivations of those who are only trying to do good. And I sincerely doubt that anyone will.

FWIW, I sort of think Angelo might appreciate the 'mix-up.'  wink.gif 

• Members

Very sad if this is true. We worked together briefly and I'm glad we did. I misunderstood him at first but quickly learned his sense of humor and enjoyed it immensely. Heck, I think his spirit took over Beck the last week or so. Thats something he would no doubt try to do!

Can someone post a pick of him in this thread? How about making this a stickie?

RIP Rudy von... My heart hurts.

EB

• Members

What a bummer. I can't think of anyone I've ever know who hit the extremes like Angelo. Complete troll who delighted in annoying and frustrating people... helpful and gentle person who was an extremely knowledgeable musician and respected part of the music business.

He and I had some great interactions in the 12 or so years I knew him. I was always impressed by the depth and range of his knowledge of music itself, which -- no offense to anyone -- is actually a rare thing on music forums. If nothing else, he made these forums interesting, and was a character that is unforgettable. That says something right there.

Rest in peace, Angelo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I asked Angelo for Strauss on this arrangement of my waltz. He told me 'no'. He said the song is "Paris - not Vienna".

As usual, he was right. He was the best arranger I have ever worked with or ever will work with - one of the best musicians too.

Edit: This is the version he sent me two days before he passed away, on 2 July, 2013. 

He sent me an earlier version late on the 28th of June, 2013 - not the 29th. 

• Members

Awwwww Man .... I haven't been around in a while.  Bruce Swedien was great friends with Angelo, I called Bruce just as soon as I found out.  We all worked together on James Bond, Quantium of Solice together. Seems like I just talked to "Mambo" (as Bruce called him) just a few weeks ago !@#$%   I'm numb and don't know what else to say.

Russ

Nashville

Archived