Band's coming together slowly but surely

Mark L

• Members

Well, the bassist is back off his hols (vacation), so it's time to recruit the other members of this band-that-plays-my-songs

I'm a forumite at a local bands discussion forum, and I commented favourably on the work of a very good guitarist. He got back to me, praising my songwriting! He also said he'd be very interested in joining my originals band

Sent a link of his playing to the bassist. He was greatly impressed. So it looks as though we have a guitarist :)

Just a singer, keyboardist and drummer to go! :smileylol:

• Members

MarkydeSad wrote:

Well, the bassist is back off his hols (vacation), so it's time to recruit the other members of this band-that-plays-my-songs

I'm a forumite at a local bands discussion forum, and I commented favourably on the work of a very good guitarist. He got back to me, praising my songwriting! He also said he'd be very interested in joining my originals band

Sent a link of his playing to the bassist. He was greatly impressed. So it looks as though we have a guitarist
:)

Just a singer, keyboardist and drummer to go!
:smileylol:

Don't worry about the drummer. They machines for that now.

• Members

Anderton wrote:

MarkydeSad wrote:

Sent a link of his playing to the bassist. He was greatly impressed. So it looks as though we have a guitarist

I know. And you only have to punch the information in once :badump:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Anderton wrote:

MarkydeSad wrote:

Lol....I sent the link that here a few weeks ago from the post that had the robot band to a buddy of mine and he wrote back   "That was cool...Interesting way to work around having to deal with a human drummer" Lol  He also wanted to know what the midi command was for the head snap...lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • CMS Author

MarkydeSad wrote:

First rehearsal tomorrow at 7pm

I'm a bit nervous, even though I'm not officially in the band....

Not officially being in the band is a good reason to be nervous. Hope they don't replace you at the last minute.  ;)

• Members

Well, it went okay :)

The three musicians in the band are really good at what they do. Unfortunately, I was the weak link. My voice gave out after about 5 songs. Therefore I've been in touch with a singer who's already in a successful local band (see vid a few posts above), and we'll be meeting up soon for a chat

Actually, it went more than okay. It sounded fantastic. The guys gelled almost immediately. I reckon that with a decent vocalist/frontman it'll sound quite splendid :)

• Members

They seemed happy with you?  What is the reason you are meeting with the other lead singer?  Your voice giving out after five songs is okay...you can strengthen your singing.  Live singing in a rock band requires a bit more stamina.  Also, you don't always have to push your voice super hard to keep up.  A good singer can help you with this.

Very cool that this went well,though.

Archived