Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My photo was just chosen by National Geographic editors for Top Daily Dozen on their website!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My photo was just chosen by National Geographic editors for Top Daily Dozen on their website!!!!

Wow!! My photo just made "The Daily Dozen" on National Geographic's website!!!!! Every day, NatGeo editors select 12 favorite photos.  Today, mine was one of the twelve selected!!!  If you are so inclined, you may vote for my photo, but I don't know whether you have to create an account or some such thing first.

http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/2013-09-20/

Temple Tree Star Trails

A direct link to the photo, "Temple Tree Star Trails" on National Geographic, is here.  

This photo is one of several taken during my trip to Zion National Park (Utah) and Valley of Fire (Nevada) earlier this year:  

http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/valleyoffire-zionnationalpark/

The photo is a long exposure night sky photo showing the celestial movements of the sky, and is not the result of trickery or excessive manipulation in Photoshop.  By keeping the shutter open for a long time, the photo shows the movement of the stars over a long period of time.

Attached Files

• Beck
    replied

These photos would make awesome album covers!

Leave a comment:

• rasputin1963
    replied

Congrats,  Ken!

Leave a comment:

• sventvkg
    replied

How long was the shutter open Ken? Congrats and it's a truly stunning photo!!

Leave a comment:

• Rekel
    replied

Congrats, Ken! Your photos are pure art.

Leave a comment:

• zinzin
    replied
    Wow! Thats ace!

Leave a comment:

• blue2blue
    replied

Very coolthumb.gif

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rjt
    replied

Just joined a voted for you!  Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Knight
    replied
    Voted. I'm a fan.

Leave a comment:

• Mark L
    replied

Well done!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X