Anyone using iOS 7?

Anderton

• Members

I have no doubt that you should; but as with any new OS, I wouldn't recommend becoming an early adopter as bug reports may yet surface. Already, there are reports of faster battery drain from the added functionality; so there will be some cons accompanying the pros.

That said, the pros are pretty compelling:

Exhaustive list of iOS 7 Features

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Lee Knight wrote:

The Siri voice recognition is so much better now. The text editing magnifying glass is much improved as well. And as I mentioned earlier, it is way faster. These comments were dictated into Siri in 10 seconds. :-)

That's good to hear.  I think I'm going to cave in and join the smartphone bunch in a month or so, and knowing that the voice recognition system is much better will certainly help with that.  

The only thing I've noticed so far is that the overall look and aesthetics seems to be targeted at 12 year old Japanese girls.

• Members

Geoff Grace wrote:

I have no doubt that you should; but as with any new OS, I wouldn't recommend becoming an early adopter as bug reports may yet surface. Already, there are reports of faster battery drain from the added functionality; so there will be some cons accompanying the pros.

That said, the pros are pretty compelling:

Best,

Geoff

Thanks for the link Geoff.

As with all software updates, I will wait for the bugs to be fixed before I move up. 

I went ahead and updated my iPad mini, but not my iPhone. I think I'll wait a bit on that one since I need to use it - at the moment the iPad is less crucially needed, so I can experiment with the iPad in the meantime while waiting for them to get the bugs worked out and all the app updates done before installing iOS 7 on my iPhone 5.

Worst thing about the upgrade so far? I got demoted from four star general back to buck private in one of my favorite iPad games (Sky Gamblers) - I was not happy about that at all. Fortunately, I'm not too bad at it, and I'm already back up to major.

At the moment, I'm using the Spotify app on my iPad to play music endlessly to help break in some headphones and speakers I have in for review. Gotta break them in and let them settle down a bit before I can give them a fair assessment. Since I have Spotify Premium, I don't really need iTunes radio, but I definitely do want to check it out.

Archived