Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was talking to a bloke in a pub last night

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was talking to a bloke in a pub last night

    The very same bloke whose function band I won't be joining, as it happens

    He's a really big fan of my songs, which is exceedingly flattering as he's a full-time pro musician

    Anyway, he made a couple of suggestions which I found intriguing. The first was a kind of rock opera featuring my songs, and the second was an animated film along the lines of Nilsson's 'The Point', which of course contains Harry's tunes

    At that moment, whilst gesticulating, I inadvertantly knocked my pint over into my lap. When I got home I put my pants in the wash and realised that I'd left my wallet in my pants pocket. Money laundering

    A strange evening. I don't know why I'm telling you this 


    a selection of my songs: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101

    my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaulTiberiusNads

  • #2

    Do you believe in omens?   or the ability of your non-dominant hand,   or sympathetic (subconscious) nervous system to announce its needs?

    <div class="signaturecontainer"> <br />
    <font color="blue"><b><font color="olive"><font color="sienna"><font color="purple">Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. </font> </font></font><font color="olive">Wayne Thiebaud</font></b></font><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b><font color="#808000"><font color="blue"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/rasputin1963/info" target="_blank">Friend me on FACEBOOK!</a> </font></font></b><br />
    <font color="#808000"> <br />
    <br />
    </font></div>

    Comment


    • #3
      You don't know why you're telling us this?

      The bloke is on the right track -- theater and video. Two separate roads that sometimes merge.
      Volunteer with an amateur theater company. You'll meet playwrights and producers who need songs.
      In fact, I'm a playwright. But I don't need songs at the moment. And I don't belong to any British theater companies.
      But I understand they do exist.

      Music today is basically tied to video. Learn video software or do volunteer work with videographers.
      Post your songs on Youtube w/entertaining little vids.

      Exercise or line-dancing videos are good. Ask all your friends to put on spandex and fluorescent wigs.
      Tell them to meet you somewhere.Then you can line them all up and make a video of them dancing to your tunes.

      Make a video of the rehearsals too. Follow up each video with interviews of the dancers, family, friends.
      The interviewees will all talk about you - you - you. Why does Marky mean so much to them?
      What is that special something he has - that charisma - that je ne sais quoi - that caused them to put on spandex,
      fluorescent wigs and dance for you?

      None of them will quite be able to put their finger on it of course. But the important thing is they are talking about - you - you -
      you. They are talking about your songs. And they are wearing spandex and fluorescent wigs at your request.
      YOUTUBE

      France

      Murika

      Comment


      • Anderton
        Anderton commented
        Editing a comment

        Etienne Rambert wrote:
        You don't know why you're telling us this?

        The bloke is on the right track -- theater and video. Two separate roads that sometimes merge.
        Volunteer with an amateur theater company. You'll meet playwrights and producers who need songs.
        In fact, I'm a playwright. But I don't need songs at the moment. And I don't belong to any British theater companies.
        But I understand they do exist.

        Music today is basically tied to video

        Very perceptive, Etienne.


        To which I would add...until the invention of the phonograph, ALL music was tied to video because it was live performance. You could not listen to music without seeing a "video" of the musician performing.


        All the music on my YouTube channel has video, although the videos are mostly lyric videos with visual backgrounds. I consider having a video component essential...


      • MrKnobs
        MrKnobs commented
        Editing a comment

        Etienne Rambert wrote:
        Music today is basically tied to video. Learn video software or do volunteer work with videographers.

        This.


        There's pretty much no other way to get your music out there now, it's all about the YouTube.


        Terry D.


    • #4

      I've been having a good, long think all week about this whole originals band malarkey

      And I've come to the conclusion that I'm wasting my time. Oh yes, my heart says do it. But my head says that there just isn't a market for original songs written by a guy of my advancing years

      So I've decided to advertise myself as a bassist for a covers/tribute band

      **** it


      a selection of my songs: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101

      my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaulTiberiusNads

      Comment


      • Anderton
        Anderton commented
        Editing a comment

        MarkydeSad wrote:

        I've been having a good, long think all week about this whole originals band malarkey


        And I've come to the conclusion that I'm wasting my time. Oh yes, my heart says do it. But my head says that there just isn't a market for original songs written by a guy of my advancing years


        So I've decided to advertise myself as a bassist for a covers/tribute band


        **** it




        Well, you can always count on me doing covers of your tunes. So I guess I'm a part-time musician in a cover band. It's really not that bad :smiley-eatdrink004:


      • rasputin1963
        rasputin1963 commented
        Editing a comment

        There IS,  but ya gotta be down in London and in-good with the people doing adverts and videos and shows and what-not.   Usually it's like the same little clique of people being asked over and over to do these things.   It's political BS and who-ya -know.   Every major city is like that,  I've found.


    • #5
      Sounds fun!
      ___

      Comment

      Working...
      X