The Return of...Is Your Music Any Good? Find Out Here!

Anderton

• Members

This thread, where people would post links to their music and others would critique the music, was always a mainstay of this forum. But it got out of hand, with thousands of posts; and other forums started doing the same thing, so I didn't want to be redundant.

However...that was then, and this is now. With it being so easy to post your music online, it seems like there's more of a need than ever for people to do honest critiques of other's works. And I thought about all the panels I used to be on for songwriters and such...so, IT'S BACK! Post away.

One request: Be courteous to others. If there's a big discussion going on about a particular tune, let it play out for a bit before you submit your own material.

Let's see what happens.........

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, all righty, then. I just happen to be recording my second solo album right now, so I might as well get some feedback on my working mixes, bearing in mind, of course, the fact that these are, after all, just MP3 files. smile.gif

Lemon Frosting - April F's Mix

Lovely Day - Mix 09

BTW, I was formerly, and am still currently, known as "Bunny" over at MusicPlayer.com, for those old skool (actually, middle skool) SSS folkes in da house! Heheh.

• Members

Well, all righty, then. I just happen to be recording my second solo album right now, so I might as well get some feedback on my working mixes, bearing in mind, of course, the fact that these are, after all, just MP3 files. smile.gif

Lovely Day - Mix 09

BTW, I was formerly, and am still currently, known as "Bunny" over at MusicPlayer.com, for those old skool (actually, middle skool) SSS folkes in da house! Heheh.

• Members

I dig your stuff, Bunny! Very quirky and cool. "Lemon Frosting" is a really happy sorta tune. I really dig your bass playing on the second tune, too..

The only thing I might change a bit, and it's a personal preference...that odd riff in the second one that takes over about 2/3 the way through...it's cool, but to my conventional ears, it belongs in a different piece, either that or make it shorter and go back to the original theme. I think I know what you're going for, so it's just my opinion.

And, BTW..."The Fast Food Vortex" is on my regular playlist... biggrin.gif

Okee, I'll put up a target for you dart throwers out there...I was playing around with a nylon string, and I got this sorta "McCartney-esque, Billy Joel-esque" idea for sort of a Bossa-ish tune. It's a rough, so that's fine. I think when this recording was done, I was still trying to cop the phrasing for the verses, so there are a couple of places where the lyrics seem to be kinda "run-on"... but it's basically just nylon acoustic, steel acoustic, and voice...

I think I've posted it before, but I can't remember where (or why, for that matter)

The Way It Goes

• Members

I dig your stuff, Bunny! Very quirky and cool. "Lemon Frosting" is a really happy sorta tune. I really dig your bass playing on the second tune, too..

The only thing I might change a bit, and it's a personal preference...that odd riff in the second one that takes over about 2/3 the way through...it's cool, but to my conventional ears, it belongs in a different piece, either that or make it shorter and go back to the original theme. I think I know what you're going for, so it's just my opinion.

And, BTW..."The Fast Food Vortex" is on my regular playlist... biggrin.gif

Okee, I'll put up a target for you dart throwers out there...I was playing around with a nylon string, and I got this sorta "McCartney-esque, Billy Joel-esque" idea for sort of a Bossa-ish tune. It's a rough, so that's fine. I think when this recording was done, I was still trying to cop the phrasing for the verses, so there are a couple of places where the lyrics seem to be kinda "run-on"... but it's basically just nylon acoustic, steel acoustic, and voice...

I think I've posted it before, but I can't remember where (or why, for that matter)

The Way It Goes

• Members

Thanks, Ted! And I agree that the transition in "Lovely Day" is quite harsh, but it's intended to be so. It represents a moment of realization, where everything else stops, and an entirely new thought process starts. A revelatory moment, if you will - and I'm sure you will. biggrin.gif

The song is about a raver in the '90s, who suddenly has an epiphany about what's really going on. wink.gif

BTW, "The Fast Food Vortex" was a sort of collaboration between me and Jeff da Weasel. The lyrics were taken entirely from a post he made at MP.

• Members

Thanks, Ted! And I agree that the transition in "Lovely Day" is quite harsh, but it's intended to be so. It represents a moment of realization, where everything else stops, and an entirely new thought process starts. A revelatory moment, if you will - and I'm sure you will. biggrin.gif

The song is about a raver in the '90s, who suddenly has an epiphany about what's really going on. wink.gif

BTW, "The Fast Food Vortex" was a sort of collaboration between me and Jeff da Weasel. The lyrics were taken entirely from a post he made at MP.

• Members

I have those relatov...er...relevat...er, those moments you speak of once in awh...MMMMM...DONUTS... (snarf snarf snarf narf munch)

wink.gif

Thanks for the positive feedback on my tune, too. And while I'm at it, a cover track (if anyone will indulge me on a cover track)...just 'cuz I like the tune. I hear a couple vocal doubles that need cleaning up, but udderwise, my take on an old classic:

Walk Away, Renee

• Members

I have those relatov...er...relevat...er, those moments you speak of once in awh...MMMMM...DONUTS... (snarf snarf snarf narf munch)

wink.gif

Thanks for the positive feedback on my tune, too. And while I'm at it, a cover track (if anyone will indulge me on a cover track)...just 'cuz I like the tune. I hear a couple vocal doubles that need cleaning up, but udderwise, my take on an old classic:

Walk Away, Renee

• Members
Originally posted by Johnny Storm

Lovely Day - Mix 09

I totally Dig That Bunny!!!! That's my MUSIC!!! Only thing I would have done is mix in the vocals a bit louder.

• Members
Originally posted by Johnny Storm

Lovely Day - Mix 09

I totally Dig That Bunny!!!! That's my MUSIC!!! Only thing I would have done is mix in the vocals a bit louder.

• Members
Originally posted by Tedster

wink.gif

Walk Away, Renee
The guy singing these two songs has a way better voice than you do wink.gif

Very cool Ted!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Tedster

wink.gif

Walk Away, Renee
The guy singing these two songs has a way better voice than you do wink.gif

Very cool Ted!!!

Archived