Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Return of...Is Your Music Any Good? Find Out Here!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blue2blue

Classy vocals in that British hipster baritone mode... Cale, Bowie, Ferry... the vocals really make "Child."

"For You"... more great arty pop vocalism. I like the sinuous syncopation of this one. Hints of Gabrielesque (I picked up a 12-pack of "-esque" endings at Costco, earlier today, get used to 'em) production touches. But the real draw is the singing for me. I really like it when there's that little edge of passion cutting through all that Brit-style refinement.

Many thanks for the kind words. Always welcome!

These tracks are really just sketches. We always seem to get started and then something else comes up. We keep promising to go back to them one day. And we will!
    www.myspace.com/midikid

Comment

The other day, I was groovin' to a bunch of blue2blue's tracks - he's got a whole bunch of 'em on his SoundClick page. Really good, diverse stuff!

Today, I'm jammin' to Jimbroni's Mercury Catfish music. It has a great loose, improvisational vibe going on - a really free, open feel. Definitely some groovy material here - they're probably a great party band!

www.myspace.com/bunnyknutson
      www.BunnyKnutson.com

Comment

Originally posted by PintoMusic

My stuff's up at www.myspace.com/pintomusic.

Good stuff. You're vocals are excellent. I really dug the lazy organ and bass groove on Diapason. Overall really good tones.
        Fusion Tycoon

Mercury Catfish Myspace

Mercury Catfish

Comment

this mercury catfish music is addictive! fun...

paulski
          My Gear:

Herco Flex 75 picks
          Jim Dunlop medium picks courtesy of Lord Wein
          GHS Boomer strings
          Dunlop strings, which I have yet to try
          Electric guitar A
          Electric guitar B
          Electric guitar C
          Electric guitar D
          Electric guitar E
          Bass guitar parts
          Acoustic guitar A
          Acoustic guitar B
          Acoustic guitar C
          Amplifier A
          Amplifier B
          Amplifier C
          Box full of stomp boxes and wah peddles from the 80s 90s and 00s
          Box full of cables
          Some recording stuff
          No talent

Comment

also enjoying diapason by pintomusic... well written... nice vocals...
            My Gear:

Herco Flex 75 picks
            GHS Boomer strings
            Electric guitar A
            Electric guitar B
            Electric guitar C
            Electric guitar D
            Electric guitar E
            Bass guitar parts
            Acoustic guitar A
            Acoustic guitar B
            Acoustic guitar C
            Amplifier A
            Amplifier B
            Amplifier C
            Box full of cables
            Some recording stuff
            No talent

Comment

Hi all Thanks to my goode and close personal friend greg anderson for givink folkeses a place to deposit theys efforts .

I gots a couple of new ones done in the "Brice the hairy-swedes'(one word) style" or his approach to zounds and how theys picked up by ear holse. ahh yas!

The very newest is TITLED : TWO WHEEL MAN a blues thang done in an old style as a one off. with an interesting bit at the front.

I like first takes for that added freshness. and once I got a goode take in the can it's on to the next one unless I'm doing it out for folkes then it's practice with a CAPITOL "P".

so two wheel man is, like all goode dittys; a story.

I got a cool little rocket bike I rescued from a junk yard and it now runs like a champ. Two Wheel Man hi speed

Comment

Originally posted by arellspencer

The very newest is TITLED : TWO WHEEL MAN a blues thang done in an old style as a one off. with an interesting bit at the front.

Straight up blues like this doesn't usually do it for me, but the vocals really carried it. Nice pipes.

Here's some sort of ambient electronic called "Time of Illusion" that's the first part of what will eventually be an album-length continuous production.

Hi Fi Stream

Download

Comment

Jimbroni & paulskirocks... thanks so much for the kind words!!

Phil O'Keefe... if you still can't get it to play, you can stream "Diapason..." at www.pintomusic.com/bytes.html. I unfortunately do not have any of the other songs linked though.

Thanks again!!

my own tunes @ www.myspace.com/pintomusic

Comment

Originally posted by plastic

Originally posted by paulskirocks:

>> i'm digging your stuff... kind of reminds me of a band called haunted garage that was around socal at one time... >>

Hey, thanks. Is the band you mentioned still around?

Haunted Garage, to the best of my knowledge, no longer exists. They were a strange live band with a lot of theatrics, and played around the Los Angeles area in the late '80s and '90s. A band I played with, Twist of Fate, played a show with them at (I think) Club Lingerie. My band was really heavy and dark, and had a singer who wore a Medusa's head full of snakes and spit blood.

In other words, it was a pretty good double-bill.
                    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by fred zappelin

I like your stuff also....undone and replay

Nice vocals....

I like the drums and bass

and the spacy guitars..

Hey, thanks!

I don't listen to the music in this thread as much as I really wish I could. The computer I have hooked up at home has the worst speakers - they're these tiny little Apple computer speakers, and one of them doesn't work - and I keep meaning to replace them with something listenable.

The other way to listen to it is to sneakernet 'em over to the other computer. This one is having trouble with the soundcard, and I can't play them in iTunes. So here, what I have to do is convert them from MP3 to AIFF and then play them in Pro Tools.

<sigh>
                      Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

• Ok here's mine... my band is NATIONAL STEEL and I totally self-produced the record including playing everything except bass.

National Steel

Mike
                        My band NATIONAL STEEL:
                        http://www.national-steel.net

Comment

• This is also in the "selling" topic above, but I think that to get some comment this topic is better....

Click on my Signature, and go for the high quality ( ) mp3 button, not the individual tracks....
                          http://www.spacemuse.com/http://cdbaby.com/cd/damoranatalehttp://payplay.fm/damoranataleiTunes"Art is the magic freed from the lie of being truth."Theodor Wiesengrund Adorno.

Comment

• hm
                            http://www.myspace.com/slebmusic

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc

some will hate it, some might dig it...

My Best Friend

http://www.artistlaunch.com/sleblanc

(yeah, I know the siblants are hitting hard)

you know, it's a bit more mellow than a lot of what i often listen to, and i like it... and what i DIG is that it seems you are just doing your thing... smooth...
                              My Gear:

Herco Flex 75 picks
                              GHS Boomer strings
                              Electric guitar A
                              Electric guitar B
                              Electric guitar C
                              Electric guitar D
                              Electric guitar E
                              Bass guitar parts
                              Acoustic guitar A
                              Acoustic guitar B
                              Acoustic guitar C
                              Amplifier A
                              Amplifier B
                              Amplifier C
                              Box full of cables
                              Some recording stuff
                              No talent

Comment

• Ted,

I'm not a professional by any means just a lurker and a listener trying to learn things.

I have listened to a lot of songs on here and they are all great. I wanted to comment on your post of Long Ride Home.

I loved the way you mixed it. I guess that's my favorite type of music.....acoustic, just guitar and vocals but anyway,

I just thought it was cool the way the guitar kept the song going from the bottom but you always had this higher guitar part dancing around in the top of my head.

Man, I wish someone could teach me how to do that stuff!! I'm still working on how to get a clean sound first.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X