Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Return of...Is Your Music Any Good? Find Out Here!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulskirocks

another cool band... nice tunes

Thanks - Much appreciated!
    "...And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks."
    Harlan Ellison

videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/bellababe9
    music: http://www.myspace.com/jimslashk/mus...filter=popular

Comment

Originally posted by Billster

I hear a kind of cross between some Allmans, some Max Middleton era Jeff Beck Group, and a jam-band style. You guys gigging around and about?

Thanks for the listen. Yeah we are gigging, but mainly around metro detroit.
      Fusion Tycoon

Mercury Catfish Myspace

Mercury Catfish

Comment

Originally posted by paulskirocks

i'm digging your stuff... kind of reminds me of a band called haunted garage that was around socal at one time...

Hey, thanks. Is the band you mentioned still around?

Comment

I like Vodka....

listening to Pillow now..

Listened to a bunch of other peoples stuff

Vodka is my fav so far....

"music is an art form. No one has the right to say,"Our noise is better than their noise. It's totally relative." Steve Vai

"His chops are too righteous. The helmets can't handle this level of rock 'n' roll. Karen, do something." Plankton

Comment

I like your stuff also....undone and replay

Nice vocals....

I like the drums and bass

and the spacy guitars..

"music is an art form. No one has the right to say,"Our noise is better than their noise. It's totally relative." Steve Vai

"His chops are too righteous. The helmets can't handle this level of rock 'n' roll. Karen, do something." Plankton

Comment

there is some potential there....

the quirky vocals need to be sorted out a bit..

nice to hear keyboards with heavy guitar...

I`m a big Deep Purple fan so..

Ian Gillan was/is quirky but easy to listen to...

Comment

My stuff's up at www.myspace.com/pintomusic.

my own tunes @ www.myspace.com/pintomusic

Comment

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...readid=1232883

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by PintoMusic

My stuff's up at www.myspace.com/pintomusic.

Neil, I tried to play them a few times, and after it buffers, it only plays the first few seconds of each track for me.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...readid=1232883

Damn.

Those productions are massive.
                      Fusion Tycoon

Mercury Catfish Myspace

Mercury Catfish

Comment

Thank you.

- George Carlin

Comment

This time I got to the Eleven Shadows site okay... "Undone" has a seductive hip hop meets 60s psychedelia thing going on. "Replay" has sweet, folky vocals, Robin Guthriesque [I think I just lost my chance at a rock crit union card for that one] shimmery guitars and seems to finish off in a big, empty cistern... What were you trippy dudes doin' down there, Ken? Hidin' from the man?

Nice stuff.

Bill... self-restraint, huh? Obiously you didn't hear "Pretty Little Head." Thanks for the kind words!

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Originally posted by midikid

Great topic.

I've just been listening through the stuff posted so far and I like what I hear. It's great to hear the variety.

Anyway, here's mine

www.myspace.com/midikid

It's just started so there are only a couple of tunes at the moment but there will be pics and biog soon!

Classy vocals in that British hipster baritone mode... Cale, Bowie, Ferry... the vocals really make "Child."

"For You"... more great arty pop vocalism. I like the sinuous syncopation of this one. Hints of Gabrielesque (I picked up a 12-pack of "-esque" endings at Costco, earlier today, get used to 'em) production touches. But the real draw is the singing for me. I really like it when there's that little edge of passion cutting through all that Brit-style refinement.

Comment

Originally posted by tucktronix

Here's some of my crap, found in the soundclick link. Some jazz-rock fusion, some jazz-funk, some R&B stuff.

"rite of passage" starts out dreamy with a bit of urgency percolating under, eventually blossoming into a kind of slinky, portamento brassy synth part that dominates its section, then gives way to a guitaresque (I warned you) synth lead, heavy on wobble wheel bends... some wild tones down low, there. Finally, the acoustic piano reasserts itself forcefully, beating back the synths and laying a heavy, muscular stamp on the transition into another portamento synth part, this even more snaky, and into a pumping little bass solo. It's a long track, but it covers a fair bit of musical ground.

arrelSpencer's "Two Wheel Man" has a nice propulsiveness, an agreeable acoustic boogie. "Big But" has a throwaway feel -- lots and lots of scratchy fuzz that distracts a bit from the goofy lyrics, which are a lighthearted but no doubt heartfelt paean to his girlfriend's allegedly ample derriere.

Fibber McGee (Ted's duo) does a nice job on "Long Ride", despite a somewhat impromptu recording (kind of like to hear it with a tad less 'verb on the vox)... It'd be fun to see you guys, I'll bet you do a nice show.

Helliphant's "Seas of Vinegar" brings a distinctly quirky sense of humor to progressive metal, with vocals that veer from neo-satanic mic-swallowing to goofy but intriguing vocal technique... you don't know whether to laugh or be scared... probably both. Not your grandpa's neoprogressive dada metal... aggressive and sure of itself.

Comment

Hi all!

Any opinions on the songs herein would be appreciated hugely: http://www.myspace.com/atimecapsule

Fever and Part 2 are the only ones worth listening to really.

My contribution to these is actually only slight but Ker and myself will be working together a lot more I hope so any input would be great.

Thanks
                                Good deals with: woolyh, kaz2550, fruvai, english_bob, daysofspeed, gambit, matchpoint (twice), SilenceSketches.

Comment

Working...
                                X