X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pussy Riot members to be released from jail ahead of schedule

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/19/21964503-russias-putin-********************-riot-duo-to-be-freed-despite-disgraceful-protest?lite

...along with 30 Greenpeace activists. I guess holding the Olympics in Russia has some fringe benefits

BTW the "A Punk Prayer" documentary on ******************** Riot (it shows on HBO from time to time IIRC) is pretty interesting. It walks the fine line between showing that ******************** Riot were actually pretty obnoxious on some levels along with the heavy-handed way the Russian government dealt with the situation.

There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Putin's Stalinism Lite is profoundly worrisome. It looks like he and his cohort have been laying the foundation for a return to old style Russian quasi-fascistic dictatorship. The foot in the boot changes. But it stays on the throat of the people. (To paraphrase an old expression.)

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

Comment

I need to see this documentary...
      <div class="signaturecontainer"> <br />
      <font color="blue"><b><font color="olive"><font color="sienna"><font color="purple">Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. </font> </font></font><font color="olive">Wayne Thiebaud</font></b></font><br />
      <br />
      <br />
      <b><font color="#808000"><font color="blue"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/#!/rasputin1963/info" target="_blank">Friend me on FACEBOOK!</a> </font></font></b><br />
      <font color="#808000"> <br />
      <br />
      </font></div>

Comment

• Anderton
        Anderton commented
        Editing a comment

rasputin1963 wrote:
        I need to see this documentary...

Yes, you do...it's very interesting. It seems like it was pretty even-handed, pretty much just laying it all out and letting viewers decide what they thought of both the group and the way their case was handled.

Here's a link for more info.

Working...
    X