The Epic SSS Spam Battles

Anderton

• Members

Currently, the British Kitchen Contingent is ahead...the Indian Web Site Developers are in retreat. But we also know that the Romanian pron sites haven't given up yet, as they lick their wounds and plan their comeback.

These are exciting times in the Spam Wars. As we close out 2013, who will come out ahead? And what are the evildoer spammers planning for 2014? We'll just have to endure the suspense to find out.

Meanwhile, check out these great kitchen cabinets!

Anderton wrote:

Currently, the British Kitchen Contingent is ahead...the Indian Web Site Developers are in retreat. But we also know that the Romanian pron sites haven't given up yet, as they lick their wounds and plan their comeback.

These are exciting times in the Spam Wars. As we close out 2013, who will come out ahead? And what are the evildoer spammers planning for 2014? We'll just have to endure the suspense to find out.

Crud... I'm sorry, but I just deleted the latest kitchen cabinets thread - but not to worry - I'm sure another one will be along shortly...

• Members

Yeah, every morning seems like I nuke at least one or two out of the SSS forum. 

Believe it or not, a few months ago, I got so ticked off I actually emailed one of the companies in the UK 'advertised' in the spam to tell them that they were wasting their promo efforts on people around the world while greatly increasing the likelihood that they will get dinged by Google -- in just the same fashion that the lyric site Rap Genius got nuked for spamming -- when Rap Genius got caught spamming websites to gin their rankings, Google sent their listings went from near the top to about 8 pages back. Indetermineate sentence.

I don't think it made any real difference but hopefully it gave some greedy fool a sleepless night.

• Members

blue2blue wrote:

Yeah, every morning seems like I nuke at least one or two out of the SSS forum. 

Believe it or not, a few months ago, I got so ticked off I actually emailed one of the companies in the UK 'advertised' in the spam to tell them that they were wasting their promo efforts on people around the world while greatly increasing the likelihood that they will get dinged by Google -- in just the same fashion that the lyric site Rap Genius got nuked for spamming -- when Rap Genius got caught spamming websites to gin their rankings, Google sent their listings went from near the top to about 8 pages back. Indetermineate sentence.

I should be given limited moderator powers. You see, I come here when you 'mericans are in bed. So I could get rid of these pesky threads, and when you wake up the forum will be all nice and clean

A bit like the elves and the shoemaker, in a way ;)

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Anderton wrote:

Crud... I'm sorry, but I just deleted the latest kitchen cabinets thread - but not to worry - I'm sure another one will be along shortly...

Phil, you should always delete the latest kitchen cabinet thread. I was being tongue in cheek. Although there was a kitchen cabinets thread where Etienne gave such a good response I was tempted to leave it up...

• Members

I have posted in the British kitchens threads many times. They never get back to me. 

I suspect that company is not entirely on the up and up. 

I inquired about overseas shipping? No reply. 

I inquired whether I would be able to cook whole tubs full of that "Rich West Country Sauce", that concoction which has rightly made UK the cuisine capital of the world. Again, there was no reply. 

I spent forty minutes stirring a roux tonight in my lonely bistro. Yes it was a challenge. Ah, but to make tubs full of that "Rich West Country Sauce", would be to realize the dream of a lifetime.

When you get to the majors, there are only two goals for any player. One is to cook real gumbo and the second is to cook a whole bathtub full of that "Rich West Country Sauce". Then of course, to serve it to customers in wooden buckets, would only enhance the dining experience. . 

There are many other famous English dishes I'd like to learn.Badger nose stew for example, or hedgehog pie. And of course, there is the breast of turkey buzzard marinated in that "Rich West Country Sauce".

But the British Kitchens Company will not get back to me with a proper reply. So I've just about decided not to deal with them.  

• Members

Etienne Rambert wrote:

I have posted in the British kitchens threads many times. They never get back to me. 

I suspect that company is not entirely on the up and up. 

Those threads aren't for real?

Damn.   I almost finished remodeling my kitchen for my new Romanian girlfriend who I expect to arrive any day now...

• Members

Retreat ? about 25% of the new members are spammers, 2014 will be worse than 2013 if no action is taken.

Perhaps it makes sense to make it a little more strict for new members to sign up.

This can also be effective to reduce the number of non posting new members (potential spammers).

• Members

There's no way to quote from the mobile version. Or add photos and other stuff. I was told that was something we were probably never going to see. I asked why, then, couldn't the mobile version just be the full web version instead and I was told that wasn't possible either.

So there you go.

Archived