Finished song - a vague meditation on the future - "In Time"

davd_indigo

• Members

I started this "song" with completed music. The music was written in 2 chunks. I wrote down little phrases to try to fit into the da-da-da-daa daa daa. Jotted them down as a list on a page. And also wrote some multi syllable words like : technologicality , territoriality, misapprehension and some more. Kept trying to think of lyric phrases to fit into the music. Maybe like an animator tying to match their cartoons to music - I don't know what I'm talking about here.

Anyway after jotting down enough phrases and words I started trying to thing of a theme or topic. It seemed like constructing a puzzle and then inventing puzzle pieces to fit in the puzzle. Not exactly a heartfelt expression of my inner disappointment with life - or whatever. I don't know. I'm not a poet. But I'm trying lyrics.

Does anyone work similar to this ?

https://soundcloud.com/david-goethe/intimewave

Lyrics

IN TIME

What will tomorrow find...what's to become in time

Will life abide ?...Time will decide

No one's to see thru the glass / Today's tomorrow's past

Just how will the world be then ?...will it be weak and thin?

Glance thru opaque window panes...the future nails the game

Technologicality ....a new reality

Visualize what you may see...the things that come to be

• Members

I find having the overall theme or topic in mind while writing helps me focus my writing and really tell a better story. Other times, I find out what the story is as I'm writing. Ultimately, there is no right or wrong way to write. I think it's great to try and make an effort to do it different ways. The more and more you do this, the more free you are in the moment and you'll kind of instinctively go with whatever works for a particular song.

Archived