Friday Influences Thread - 08/28/15

rhino55

• Members

What some people can do with four chords and a repeating riff. The verses end on the tonic chord, and the chorus starts on that same chord, and the chorus has the same three chords (plus one different chord) as the verses - I would never do that, I'd feel obligated to be more "interesting" chordwise. More fool me.

[YOUTUBE]ivU4W9CWtpA[/YOUTUBE]

nat whilk ii

• Members

I agree that 'I feel fine' is a very good example of a great melody over the top of 3 chords (+ the minor in the chorus).

It really shows how a good riff and a vocal melody + harmonies can carry the song.

I too tend to develop interesting chord patterns with the aim (hope) of developing a good melody over the top.

I never start with a melody.

Those boys knew their stuff.

• Members

If we are gonna go all Beatles then I have to share this...I just learned how to play this with an acoustic guitar complete with the orchestration part ( though sparse in comparison but heck its just one guitar) and rising discordant part...its not perfect but it impresses a bit.... fun to play it. That McCartney part is a challenge. End with a big old E............................................................................................................

Archived