Question !

crazydave

• Members

QUESTION ! ... i've just been promoted to the singer in my band ... i'm cool with that but i've never really written many lyrics.

What i was planing on doing is buying a little 4 track recorder like the Fostex X12, putting my guitar down, then working on the melody line, then fitting the words ? what do ya think ?

how do you guys go about it ???

• Members

Originally posted by crazydave

QUESTION ! ... i've just been promoted to the singer in my band ... i'm cool with that but i've never really written many lyrics.

What i was planing on doing is buying a little 4 track recorder like the Fostex X12, putting my guitar down, then working on the melody line, then fitting the words ? what do ya think ?

You've got the basics pretty much covered.

You could also write the words first and then the melody, for variety. You just need to find what works best for you and your song.

I take it all the instrument parts will be written before you start on the vocals?

Good luck,

KP

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Kitty Phobes

I take it all the instrument parts will be written before you start on the vocals?

Good luck,

KP

:cool:

yeah ... we've got it all set, just lyrics !!!

thanks for your help :)

• Members

Originally posted by crazydave

If the music is written first, I'll record a really quick version of the song and loop it on my computer. Then I'll hum a melody line and eventually a word or two will pop into the melody line that I'm humming. Write those words down! Then I'll try to fit new words around the original stuff that popped into my head. Eventually, a song is born.

If there's no music, I'll wait for a phrase or a couple words to spark an idea. Sometime's it's a caption on a sign, or a phrase I read in a book or hear on TV. Then I take that idea and try to run with it thematically.

Archived