Where to find some new samples for industrial tracks?

devilboy

• Members

I sort of just collect them as I go, pulling lots of stuff from movies or the net, then plug them in where appropriate. The trouble is, my library is kinda low and I can't seem to find anything that fits one of the tunes I'm working on now. Where would you guys suggest I look for something new?

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by devilboy

I sort of just collect them as I go, pulling lots of stuff from movies or the net, then plug them in where appropriate. The trouble is, my library is kinda low and I can't seem to find anything that fits one of the tunes I'm working on now. Where would you guys suggest I look for something new?

Thanks

What type of lyrics/ sound are you going for.. You always have Skinny Puppy, Danzig, Ministry (some is awesome.. heroin induced though), Faith No more, even NIN but Trent is too obvious, I should think, You could also try Vast.. Jon Crosby is my cousin.

(Not a plug for him but he has some great stuff)

Good Luck..

Alwayz MisBhavin

• Members

Currently, it's very guitar-driven-kmfdm sounding. There's an odd-timed, long, quiet intro...similar to pinion on broken; chimey, synthy harmonics to a melodic, kirk hammet kinda lead...think justice; kmfdm-esque main riff with fills; a bass drop and ughh, that's where the sample belongs. I haven't nailed the outro solo yet, mostly because I'm sorta waiting on the sample.

I want something simlar to the stuff al used on the mind, you know, cold, stoic, oppressive and startling. Another reference would be sp stuff on vivisect or too dark park.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by devilboy

As another reference, some off my own favorites come from flicks like the mosquito coast, blade runner, instinct, etc.

I see now.. (said the blind man).. :) I'll check on what I know.. or my guitar teacher may know.. (used to be HEAVY into industrial at one time).. get back with you then.. :)

Alwayz MisBhavin

Archived