The power of the title.

stickboymusic

• Members

Just got totally hooked by the title of this song recorded by Sinatra and others.

"The night we called it a day"

I don't even need to hear the song THIS is genius.

I think I need to spend more time thinking of clever ideas like this (although I did come up with "we were mourning in the afternoon" to give myself a little credit - ha!)

Oh and the song.

Perfect.

[video=youtube;NWOr-026oAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOr-026oAk

• Moderators
When I was Jung

I dreamed I wandered on a stage

A dream within a dream

A 'Gator played an old B3

A soulful Gymnopédie

From a different age

I joined and played the 'Gator's teeth

I don't remember how

But I was so much Adler then

I'm Junger than that now

Hey Now!

• Members
When I was Jung

I dreamed I wandered on a stage

A dream within a dream

A 'Gator played an old B3

A soulful Gymnopédie

From a different age

I joined and played the 'Gator's teeth

I don't remember how

But I was so much Adler then

I'm Junger than that now

Yeah that's pretty sweet.

• Members

I think there is a lot to be said for a clever title, and correspondingly clever hook. Something new and fresh; not trite. Companies pay big dollars to think up product names that resonate with culture - and I might add current culture. They look for memorable, with just the right balance of edgy and meaningful to a wide group of consumers.

It's interesting - to me at least - over the last few years - when I have stumbled upon a clever title for one of my songs - or someone elses song - I can almost predict more comments in the thread. Even if everything else is equal.

Conversely, boring, trite, overly used, of blunt titles seem to have a depressing effect on interest.

Of course, that's not always true - there are a lot of commercially successful songs without cutting edge titles. Thankfully so - the song itself still counts for something! But still, like a label on a grocery or new health product, 1st time users are definitely (IMHO) swayed by the title. They may never be a 2nd time user, but can help to get ears to song for at least a partial 1st time listen.

Rick

• Members
I think there is a lot to be said for a clever title, and correspondingly clever hook. Something new and fresh; not trite. Companies pay big dollars to think up product names that resonate with culture - and I might add current culture. They look for memorable, with just the right balance of edgy and meaningful to a wide group of consumers.

It's interesting - to me at least - over the last few years - when I have stumbled upon a clever title for one of my songs - or someone elses song - I can almost predict more comments in the thread. Even if everything else is equal.

Conversely, boring, trite, overly used, of blunt titles seem to have a depressing effect on interest.

Of course, that's not always true - there are a lot of commercially successful songs without cutting edge titles. Thankfully so - the song itself still counts for something! But still, like a label on a grocery or new health product, 1st time users are definitely (IMHO) swayed by the title. They may never be a 2nd time user, but can help to get ears to song for at least a partial 1st time listen.

Rick

agree

Archived