Urban gibberish and bad blues

rsadasiv

• Members

Thinking of doing more long form stuff in this vein.

I love it! I just wish you wouldn't bury your vocals.

Was that "pointing phallic objects at each other...?" I mean, if it was it's great, but again, it's buried too deeply in the mix.

• Members

Very interesting, cool stuff. What's the market for this?

Yes. Enunciation remains a problem for me.

Enunciation is fine, just need way more compression and some volume. Maybe add some bass to your voice (bump 80k cut some at 250k). And consider having the track duck your voice a little, radio-style. This is spoken word stuff, 100% carried by your words - you must be absolutely intelligible.

• Members

Enunciation is fine, just need way more compression and some volume. Maybe add some bass to your voice (bump 80k cut some at 250k). And consider having the track duck your voice a little, radio-style. This is spoken word stuff, 100% carried by your words - you must be absolutely intelligible.

Done.

Vocal fx:

Gate

DeEsser

Eq - big hump at 80, cut at 200, small bump at 2K

Blockfish Compressor - Close-up mic preset

Sidechain key -> 6db cut on backing track

Made a narrow 80 cut in the backing track, and replaced a coloring mastering compressor with Voxengo Elephant.

• Members

Yeah better, I can hear what you;re saying now. Maybe not so much bass boost. Bring level down a bit. Play with some subtle room/ambience (maybe on the master bus) to integrate the voice.

Consider having the music stop / start to emphasize certain lines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Might I suggest a compromise between the two mixes?

Just lose the ducking perhaps but keep the vocal processing. Fool with it. The second mix lost the feel of the backing track.

This is Ram at his finest.......germs germinating.

What's the market for this?

I'm sold.

*wave*

Archived