Echo Chamber - seed of a seed of a...

Lee Knight

• Moderators

I'm willing to toss this. Just came out over coffee as dreck often does. Plenty of nonrhymes. Yep.

V1

She woke up. The alarm clock radio...

...tuned into the news

Couldn't believe what she was hearing

In praise of President Blue

That can't be right, gimme a break, that can't be true

The dial was set to America 1

She switched it back to America 2

C1

She likes her echo chamber

Protects her from the danger

Of a different point of view

No windows to see out

To the horizon beyond

Those things you say bounce right back at you

Nothing different

Nothing strange

Nothing to change her

In her echo chamber

V2

(Maybe detailing a turbo liberal here to point out the stupidity of both sides blind spot to the other)

​XXXXXXXXX

​XXXXXXXXX

​XXXXXXXXX

​XXXXXXXXX

​XXXXXXXXX America 2

​XXXXXXXXX America 1

C2

She likes her echo chamber

Protects her from the danger

No windows to see out

To the horizon beyond

Every thing you say bouncin' right back at you

Nothing different

Nothing strange

Nothing to change her (Nothing new to engage her)

In her echo chamber

• Moderators

Hmmm. It's so weird when you think it's really obvious. Then it's obviously not. Know what I mean? I hate when that happens.:) it's attempting to mean... Some people only listen to things that reinforce their predetermined point of view. If you take issue with something you hear you're clearly listening to the wrong station and reading the wrong paper. Better switch back to yours. Not clear huh? I hate when that happens. Hmmm.

• Members

Religion and now politics! This is shaping to be an eventful day :D

I think it's great, I got the meaning right away. I'd be careful detailing a turbo liberal. I really liked the way you let us know the person in the first verse was a Conservative, praise of president blue, and her getting pissed. Very clever. I'd like to see the same thing in the next verse. Generic, so it doesn't come across like you're picking, but still specific imagery and then introduce President Red or maybe Speaker/Congress Men Red. Not sure how you do that with that verse ending on American 1, but I'm sure you'll find away.

• Moderators

Ha! Politics? I hate politics!!! Naw... It's more about tribalism. So America 1 and 2 are plays on BBC 1 etc in name only and are really meant to be Fox and MSNBC etc. I saw someone on Bill Maher poke fun at Mayer's 100% left audience, the guest was a liberal, and saying the awaiting niche is true balance. No sh!t. Totally agree. We have no balance. It shows mostly in politics but the world seems to be so polarized today. The new religion. Let's kill for it! Uhgh. Ok... It is about politics. :)

• Members

Two parties, two sides, two channels. That's the way it's always been. I think the notion that media was ever balanced is ludicrous, but if I want news I do tend to get it from the BBC. Outlets over here masquerading as anything more than shock entertainment designed to sell ad space is laughable.

• Members

This is good - more of a sapling already than a seed.

Here's a directional idea to chew on : Just as V1 and Ch 1 are about her, maybe V2 and Ch 2 can be about him with different political views - and then end on a Bridge that comments on their relationship.

V2

He woke up. The alarm clock radio...

...tuned into the news

Couldn't believe what he was hearing

In praise of President Red

That can't be right, gimme a break, that …………..

The dial was set to America 2

He switched it back to America 1

C2

He likes his echo chamber

Protects him from the danger

No windows to see out

To the horizon beyond

Those things you say bounce right back at you

Nothing different

Nothing strange

Nothing to change ……..

In his echo chamber

Bridge (Outro)

…………

………….

As they lie side by side

Separated by the silence

Of political divide

The idea is a bit like Paul Simon's lines You read your Emily Dickinson, And I my Robert Frost.

Anyway - take it for a spin around your mind and see if there's something to find………….

Archived