Friday Influences Thread 09-19-14!

Lee Knight

• Moderators

Running late! Post away... I'll be back!

I'm BACK!

In honor of the Scottish vote for independence, and its eventual NO vote, and you really can hear the PM's sigh of relief all the way over here... I'm posting some awesome Scot tunage!!!! The Sensational Alex Harvey Band's Anthem. Great tune and NO! those aren't swarms of hornets attacking in the outtro, those are BAGPIPES you heathens! Beautiful tune.

[video=youtube;u3VQgIr7S8A]

If you don't put me on trial

Then why don't you turn me loose

You can throw the key away

Let me chase the wild goose

Your progress is my desire

You shouldn't do me wrong

Although it's true I'm worried now

I won't be worried long

Telling stories to the peacocks

Selling systematically

Just a counterfeit engraving

Of the way you used to be

Just another one-way number

Just another two-way song

I won't be worried long

Don't encourage me to murder

​'Cause it pays to advertise

Don't treat me with suspicion

Don't tell me no more lies

You know I love your company

I won't be worried long

I won't be worried long

• Members

Someone suggested at one point of putting the name of the artist and song in text in addition to posting the link. That's helpful, particularly when viewing from a mobile.

Joy Division - Transmission (live) - with weird Bono interruption???

[video=youtube;flVEoNuEYgE]

Joy Division - She's Lost Control (live)

[video=youtube;QVc29bYIvCM]

If you've never seen the movie "Control", you should... really well-done and dark as hell.

[video=youtube;xUz6y6ANIgE]

• Members
Someone suggested at one point of putting the name of the artist and song in text in addition to posting the link. That's helpful' date=' particularly when viewing from a mobile[/quote']

Mine is "Slack Mother{censored}er" by Superchunk, for Lee for obvious reasons. :o

• Moderators

In honor of the Scottish vote for independence, and its eventual NO vote, and you really can hear the PM's sigh of relief all the way over here... I'm posting some awesome Scot tunage!!!! The Sensational Alex Harvey Band's Anthem. Great tune and NO! those aren't swarms of hornets attacking in the outtro, those are BAGPIPES you heathens! Beautiful tune.

[video=youtube;u3VQgIr7S8A]

If you don't put me on trial

Then why don't you turn me loose

You can throw the key away

Let me chase the wild goose

Your progress is my desire

I won't be worried long

Telling stories to the peacocks

Selling systematically

Just a counterfeit engraving

Of the way you used to be

Just another one-way number

Just another two-way song

I won't be worried long

Don't encourage me to murder

'Cause it pays to advertise

Don't treat me with suspicion

Don't tell me no more lies

You know I love your company

I won't be worried long

I won't be worried long

• Moderators

I don't know if you Ryan Adams fans have followed some of Adam's recent going ons. Having produced Jenny Lewis' Voyager, a really fantastic album, at his newish LA studio PAX AM, and... after one of my faves, Boston area's Mike Viola (singer on the movie song That Thing You Do) came out to LA to play some shows at Largo, he hooked up pretty heavily with Adams and is in his touring band right now. Viola is a guy to watch. Not much success but man, a great writer and singer/guitarist.

The idea of Adams producing and running a studio appeals to me. Life on the edge doing drugs and drinking as he's known to do, then turning around and taking on outside projects and aligning himself with awesome talent like Lewis and Viola... very cool. It bodes well for a talent like him. Don't burn out and die, get healthy and ROCK!

• Members

Speaking of Craig Fuller, when he joined the reconstituted Little Feat a few years after Lowell George's death I was skeptical. I wasn't sure that that mellow voice would fit with the gritty sound of the Feat. But he did an admirable job for the couple years he was with them. I saw them live twice while he was a member and, while I still miss Lowell George, I was not disappointed in the groups performance. Fuller starts off the first song in this block - "Hate to Lose Your Lovin'", to me, the second best song on the album.

[video=youtube;jLULdMtBTwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLULdMtBTwc

Archived