No Dancing for Dead Men

Dingoist

• Members

Well hell, it's been ages since I posted here. Pretty much the HC fiasco (which one?), but I started gigging live (until the pub closed down that I was gigging at), and then have done the garage / dad band thing for a bit. Now I'm back at it.

I've been toying with an idea for a few years and finally had some concept movement behind it during the commute home a while back (I must admit, I use people's vanity license plates as a jumping point for ideas).

Picture this, a guy who's rough, tough, and full of shenanigans pops off, and ends up in the waiting line to Heaven. He's never done anything truly bad so he's on deck for the wings and all, but he's rough about the edges and pissing off Saint Peter who is a very conservative fellow.

This thought comes from when St. Peter tells him off for not waiting in line properly,and says that there's "No Dancing for Dead Men"

"I've give you the bird,

but a bird has wings,

and I'm still waiting for mine"

Got legs? Anyone up to fleshing this sucker out?

• Moderators

"I've give you the bird,

but a bird has wings,

and I'm still waiting for mine"

Got legs? Anyone up to fleshing this sucker out?

"Anyone up to fleshing this sucker out?"

Ha! That's your job! ^^^

I love your description and I love your title. I'm not really sure about the quoted lyric above though. I think you need to write it. Yes, the idea has legs. Do it! :)

• Members

I'll continue to work at it -- it's been sporadically coming in pieces.

The line is a joke, but it's intended to be a joker's response to being told to shut up and wait in line somberly with everyone else -- why would he want to be in Heaven if he can't dance, drink, and be rowdy?

Archived