The Good Thing revisited

Lee Knight

• Members

I like it a lot. It started out sounding like it might turn into a hip, alt country song. I guess it's the fiddle.

Wow, I really like the break toward the end!

Hell yes it's worth working on!

• Moderators

Cranked Hammond solo! More B3 pad and fills in chorus with lots of Leslie speed shifting and slurs! Clavinet funk with my guitar in verses? You sing the octave doubles? You could either replace or supplement, whatever is comfy for you. I'll try and extend it and send it over soon.

• Members

Hey Lee this is very very cool - I'm racing off on vacation for a few days but can be more intelligent when I get back. Organ will be awesome.

Only thing that struck me a little was the restatement of the title at the end of the chorus...maybe a little heavy-handed?

• Moderators

I'm totally open but have NO idea what I'd do instead of the title. I think I like the repeat of the title but... I'm open. Maybe a bridge would help with that Martin? Or hmmmm.... Maybe just truncate the final line of the chorus to "make way..," the idea, if it isn't clear, is that the good stuff, adult relationships, sex, mature love, they do arrive even when an adolescent feels like it is eons away and may never show up for them. So substituting the last line, make way for the good thing, with something as silly as a Billy Gibbons-like "cause it's a- comin', baby". I think I sort of like, make way for the good thing still. Trust me kid, it's comin', make some room in your life because this is the good stuff coming up. Thoughts?

Archived