Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

I LOVE that song, but....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the song, but Ronnie Wood lays down a clam on bass that I can never unhear.

Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Ariana Grande - Problem ft. Iggy Azalea

This song is a hit right now. Take out Iggy Azalea's bluster, take out all the hip-hop-isms, the goofy early 90s horn, and what you have is a fantastic wonderful RnB/Soul groove and melody (what a voice!) on the verses that breaks down to a pre-chorus which build and builds to...nothing. An 808 kick drum and some dude whispering. What a let down - with a massive chorus this could be a classic. Now it's just an oddity, soon to be forgotten.

Last edited by mbfrancis; 07-07-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hey, this is a fun thread! I was dubious about starting it but I'm glad I did.

Martin, you'll probably like this parody.

Don't listen to Justin.
        LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Oh wow, that is funny, I hadn't seen that, that's hilarious. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that about the song.

Comment

Excellent - I like a good parody - and that's a pop genre that you can take this piss out of by the bucketful.
            'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn'.
            CHARLIE PARKER

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, this is musical perfection. Everything is so well balanced and arranged, each instrument arrives and leaves at the perfect time, doing the perfect thing while it is there. The drums provide perfect support while being wonderfully unique. Great melody, great harmonies, perfect ebbs and flows, from the sparse chorus to the explosive ending to the spacey second verse. ****************, I even love the finger slide on the strings at the end. It all adds up to perhaps the richest musical ride I've ever heard....

So rich, in fact, that it took me at least a couple dozen listens to realize the lyric blows. I mean, it has a few bright spots, but it never goes anywhere and mines the tear thing way too much and not in all that interesting ways.

But man, what astoundingly great music.

http://picosong.com/PGwR/

BTW, this is posted on picosong because I uploaded it myself. It was posted by a guy on YT who claimed it was his own, but he's since been proven to be a fraud. If anyone knows who actually wrote this, please pass it along.
              Last edited by Oswlek; 07-15-2014, 06:37 PM.
              Don't listen to Justin.
              LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Yeah if you want to distract from a weak lyric, throw on a cello.

Comment

Originally posted by mbfrancis View Post
                  Yeah if you want to distract from a weak lyric, throw on a cello.
                  And piano... particularly GREAT piano like in the chorus. And that chimey picked electric, that's great.

Seriously, listen to the song without any interest in the words first to get the true effect before trying to make them out.
                  Don't listen to Justin.
                  LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Oswlek View Post

But man, what astoundingly great music.

http://picosong.com/PGwR/

BTW, this is posted on picosong because I uploaded it myself. It was posted by a guy on YT who claimed it was his own, but he's since been proven to be a fraud. If anyone knows who actually wrote this, please pass it along.
                    Great song, yes, but that production sounds a bit homemade to me - especially the lead vocal treatment. Very good homemade, yes, and I don't think homemade is a bad thing at all, but it means I doubt this was ever a radio hit or put out by a name-brand label. Might make it harder to track down the artist/writer, etc.

nat whilk ii

Comment

Working...
                    X