Liza Jayne - V2

rickidoo

• Members

I posted "Liza Jayne" maybe a year ago. I never thought the feel of the music was what I wanted - which was to be fun. So I tried a different approach.

All comments 'appreciated.

Liza Jayne (v2.5)

©2014 Rick Dieffenbach & Annunciata Pascale

INTRO ADDED FROM V1: <<<< Update June 10

Smoother than moonshine

Finer than wine

Let me tell you

About an old friend of mine...

V1: Way back in school

When Mini-skirts, and long hair was cool

Remember when, we hid from the teachers

And what we did, behind those bleaches

Liza Liza Liza Liza, Jayne, you’re still my flame

V2: Time moved on

4 in our 20’s, we played our songs

We Danced, ‘around, the liv'en room

You and I got so in tune

.. you're still my flame

BRIDGE:

You and I, have been together

You and I’ve seen stormy weather

You and I, will always be

The very very very, best friends indeed

V3: Middle Age

Are just more candles on a cake

Light them up, and blow 'em out

‘Cause you and I, are here and now

Liza Liza Liza Jayne, you’re still my flame

you’re still my flame

you’re still my flame

you’re still my flame

you’re still my flame

• Members

This is very cool - LOVE the kazoo!! ha!

Couple of things that may have been asked in the original post - I couldn't find it.

Way back in school

When Mini-skirts, and long hair was cool (maybe should be "were" cool)

And what we did, behind those bleaches (what are bleaches??)

Time moved on

4 in our 20’s we played our songs (is this "for in our 20's"? Or am i missing something?)

We Danced, ‘around, the living room

You and I got so in tune

• Members
This is very cool - LOVE the kazoo!! ha!

Couple of things that may have been asked in the original post - I couldn't find it.

Way back in school

When Mini-skirts, and long hair was cool (maybe should be "were" cool)

And what we did, behind those bleaches (what are bleaches??)

Time moved on

4 in our 20’s we played our songs (is this "for in our 20's"? Or am i missing something?)

We Danced, ‘around, the living room

You and I got so in tune

Thanks Stick. The old song is here. Note that the 1st 20 seconds sounds like a different song; I did not include that intro in the new version.

I missspelled. Should be "bleachers", which in my school were great places behind to hide. The 4.. 20.. is ah... a reference to something that is ... ah... only legal in Colorado in the US. I think I will use the word "for" instead in the lyrics.

Will look at was/were. My degree is in engineering. So that explains why I am probably wrong!

• Members

Thanks Stick. The old song is here. Note that the 1st 20 seconds sounds like a different song; I did not include that intro in the new version.

I missspelled. Should be "bleachers", which in my school were great places behind to hide. The 4.. 20.. is ah... a reference to something that is ... ah... only legal in Colorado in the US. I think I will use the word "for" instead in the lyrics.

Will look at was/were. My degree is in engineering. So that explains why I am probably wrong!

Long hair was cool is fine

but I think if you are saying mini skirts AND long hair then "were" I think!

Still don't know what bleachers are ! ha! might be a US thing??

• Moderators

Long hair was cool is fine

but I think if you are saying mini skirts AND long hair then "were" I think!

Still don't know what bleachers are ! ha! might be a US thing??

Bleachers are benches set up so each row behind rises up. Like a grand stand? Seating in an auditorium that rise as it goes back? This is were American kids have sex and smoke pot.

Great tune Rick! It's light without being silly. That's a freaking fine balance that you have mastered. When Stick said he loved the kazoo I thought... oh no. :) But that is awesome! Great.

• Members

I'm actually shocked that Stick doesn't know "bleachers." I guess American cultural imperialism isn't yet complete.

I would love a good 4-20 reference here - maybe something repeating like, "for twenty, for twenty, for twenty years I stuck around"? Anyone listening would get it. At least the stoners would.

• Members
I'm actually shocked that Stick doesn't know "bleachers." I guess American cultural imperialism isn't yet complete.

I have to confess also to have never seen nor heard the word before Rick put it in his song. I had to dive for the dictionary.

Had to look up 'sex' and 'pot' from Lee's explanation as well…….smiley-wink

Nice Rick - it has good bounce and zing.

• Members

Nice changes to this one.

One thing I'd change is your tendency to throw away some of the lines. Some you sing with a full voice, some you sort of toss off as if they didn't matter or you're not 100% sure of them.

• Members

I would love a good 4-20 reference here - maybe something repeating like, "for twenty, for twenty, for twenty years I stuck around"? Anyone listening would get it. At least the stoners would.

>>> This was a great idea 4..20.. 4..20, which I played with some, but I could not figure out how to impliment it. I wish it could have worked.

We will fight them on the bleachers.... Oh Yeh I get it now ;)

>>>>> :-)

I have to confess also to have never seen nor heard the word before Rick put it in his song. I had to dive for the dictionary.

Had to look up 'sex' and 'pot' from Lee's explanation as well…….smiley-wink

Nice Rick - it has good bounce and zing.

>>> Thanks Git. High praise! :-)

Nice changes to this one.

One thing I'd change is your tendency to throw away some of the lines. Some you sing with a full voice, some you sort of toss off as if they didn't matter or you're not 100% sure of them.

>>> You are right. Although in this case, its more that I have certain things I want to get across in the lyrics and can't seem to smoothly nail the way to convey it. So I guess you are right, unsure...

=====================

I updated the song, to include the old introduction. I feel I can now check this one off my list and move on. Thank you everyone for your feedback, comments and time.

Best,

Rick

Archived