here's my hymn to human stupidity in all its inevitable glory

pontiusplaymate

• Members

the mix is freaky, and I like it. The drums are weird because the programmed drums used for the recording suck ass, and the studio guy who's mixing it for me had to take drastic measures...but even if it weren't for sucky drums to start with, I think I like the idea.

song is tentatively called "no surrender". I posted another version in another forum a year or so ago...so there's a slight chance that someone here might have heard it before.

http://hometown.aol.com/homunculuz/nosurrender.mp3

• Members

Ya.. the drums are weird, but sound kinda cool..... Very unconventional - I think it works for the song, actually.

You have a pretty traditional sounding song that gets a revitalization because of the drum sound..

I take it there was something wrong with the snare and he's ducking it in this mix, and that's causing the funky sound?

Nice slide playing.... I think your voice works for this song too.

Thanks for sharing your music. :thu:

• Members

as always ? liked the tune. ? am beginning to get a straight feeling,familiarity with your music.

yes it sounds traditional but what made it unique was not the drums for me.it is your lyrical and vocal delivery.I dont have any of your songs left on the computer but as far as ? can remember your last song had a similar vocal adress.? say adress becouse your vocal sounds oratorical.? dont mean preacher-like its musical and ? like it but it has a unvwavering attitude.it has the feeling of persona in some past poems like albatross,ancient mariner etc.a pesona relating some important message with a very serious diction.but ? must confess ? did not undersdtand most of the lyrics, ? only interprete the rendering.it would be nice to have the lyrics.

? am not sure but it sounds like rocknroll.I like the grave tone and feeling going throughout the song but it appears it is something stable, not song-specific and may have the danger of making an album sound like an oratorio.

The production is fine for me but ? wont venture to say that abetter production will ruin it.

your music for me is reminicent of leonard cohen not in terms of lyrical or melodic delivery but in terms of choice as to song structure.your song, too, heavily rest on lyrics and accompamying melodies,you dont seem to be fond of diversion in musical structure.they tend to be lyric bound and since lyrics are long enough you may think that the song has his portion of temporal span but ? would like to hear some variation at various palces even if the song would undergo the risk of lasting for ages.? dont mind the length if its worth it.the problem with the drums is not with the mix but with its repetitiveness which contributes to my expectation for some change along the song.

• Members

thanks for the feedback. I really am limited when it comes to arranging music. This is why I really really really wanna find a band, that will help me to mix things up and to sharpen up my songs' musical impact.

I think you describe my vocal shtick fairly well. It's what I do. I've got a couple songs where I scream, one or two when I try and sing pretty...but most of them are like this.

thanks again for listening.

Archived