Please review my second song

bluefoot

• Members

The Kid From Peru here. Yall gave me some great advice on the song I posted last week (my first solo creation) such as using 2 different guitars, panning stuff etc. Here is a rough draft of my new one it is called California (how {censored}in original). Anyway please give your honest feedback its just a draft for now so I really wan't to know how to improve it.

www.soundclick.com/thekidfromperu

the song again is California...thanks in advance...

• Members

I'm not big on your production, but damn - you've written a couple of good songs here man!

And your voice is great.. It has a wonderful character... you need to work on it, and take it serious. I really do love it.

If there is one thing I'll say about this song, it's kind of a while in the middle of the song between choruses... It seems to meander a little, and I 'lost' the hook...... Not sure how else to put it.

Nice job! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by bluefoot

Shoot its too fast isn't it?

I didn't think it was too fast at all...I liked it at that tempo. It's a good tune, but I thought it was a bit long. When the chorus came back after the first bridge, I thought we were on our way out, and then the second bridge came along. I thought both bridges were fine, but I would use one or the other...to me, the tune began to drag with the last round of choruses.

Production-wise, it's very similar to the first song you posted, so I think you're going to get a lot of the same comments.

Thanks for sharing...:thu:

• Members

Thanks tamoore I just really don't know what I'm doing with production I really wish I had someone who knew this stuff who I could watch....Btw I only had time to listen to your first song (every time), you are definately a good writer...and you have a nice voice and good production...basically I hate you :)

• Members

Originally posted by rcb

I didn't think it was too fast at all...I liked it at that tempo. It's a good tune, but I thought it was a bit long. When the chorus came back after the first bridge, I thought we were on our way out, and then the second bridge came along. I thought both bridges were fine, but I would use one or the other...to me, the tune began to drag with the last round of choruses.

Production-wise, it's very similar to the first song you posted, so I think you're going to get a lot of the same comments.

Thanks for sharing...
:thu:

Thanks I only offically have one bridge can you tell me the time in the song you are referring to as the first bridge, perhaps I could make some changes but I'm not sure where you are referring to...

• Members

This is what I considered the first bridge:

can you hear the ocean as it calls to you

can you see the bluest sky you never knew...

And the second:

I been hold out sold out

tryna wait the cold out...

Maybe you're not considering both of them bridges, but that's what they sounded like to me. I don't know...labels, schmables. :)

Archived