Can't find my beer
    Ask my wife
    She left for work last year
    Think I
    All things must pass...

Awww c
    All things must pass...

Comment

Sorry, we're heavily debating the pros and cons of the music review and placement business. I think we're almost done.
      okay seriously....I've been sitting here is a bit of a daze with bronchitis under the influence of Benydril, Flownase, and some peniciilin thingy.

Wow that was pretty cool 0_0 the doots doots were extra original IMO. It was a happy upbeat song throughout. The last part really took off with the added harmonies. The bridge "Procrastination " part was a nice lift and is what you want - a total change up to give variety. One of your best from a songwriting and arrangement pov I'd say, Vocals are spot on as always....
      Hamilton Steele CD's / Hamilton Steele MP3 Downloads / Hamilton Steele iTunes

Comment

Sorry, we're heavily debating the pros and cons of the music review and placement business. I think we're almost done.
        okay seriously....I've been sitting here is a bit of a daze with bronchitis under the influence of Benydril, Flownase, and some peniciilin thingy.

Wow that was pretty cool 0_0 the doots doots were extra original IMO. It was a happy upbeat song throughout. The last part really took off with the added harmonies. The bridge "Procrastination " part was a nice lift and is what you want - a total change up to give variety. One of your best from a songwriting and arrangement pov I'd say, Vocals are spot on as always....

Are you in a songwriting groove or what ? You just keep 'em coming!

Comment

Oh yeah. I've only done 3 since I got back from Christmas holidays though. Did a heap more before that. lol

Thanks so much for the comments. I quite like this song...but am I like, shooting myself in the foot by using weird vocals like this? AGAIN it's from the point of view of a man, not myself or even a girl. lol. I don't recall any singers or musicians I like who are popular and successful NOT using their own normal voices on any of their songs...hmm. I actually think I may have been chanelling Ned Flanders from the Simpsons in that voice...and some dumb Homer-type guy (Frank) for the other male voice (including the d'oh d'oh d'oh bits. lol)

PS. Bronchitis SUCKS SO BAD! I hate it. It's my most feared illness (apart from stomach - vomit-related things)
          All things must pass...

Comment

No I think a girl can sing a "guy" related song okay...

Comment

I have risen from my illness-induced slumber to wonder why only my good friend Ido has commented on this song...*sadness*
              All things must pass...

Comment

Ha - I just thought to myself they are all procrastinating... I kill myself sometimes.....:P

Comment

I LOVE IT.

Comment

Thank you!
                    All things must pass...

Comment

I listened twice.
                      We do this because we love music in a way that others may never understand...

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Dukie? Don't step in it? Don't touch it? Don't smell it? Avoid it at all costs... It's poo? And who want's to be associated with poo? Not me...

Comment

HI ROBBY!!! You're back!!! *hugs with gas mask on* (am diseased. PNEUMONIA!!) Thanks for listening, man! And twice too, lol.
                        All things must pass...

Comment

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear you're not well!! pneumonia is nothing to mess with... I hope you're on a Z-Pak? And relaxing? Chicken soup does more good than people think it does. You need to be doing;

1. Plenty of fluids (Tea is good)
                          2. Chicken soup
                          3. Vitamin Supplements
                          4. Lots of rest and relaxation

I hope you feel better soon.
                          We do this because we love music in a way that others may never understand...

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Dukie? Don't step in it? Don't touch it? Don't smell it? Avoid it at all costs... It's poo? And who want's to be associated with poo? Not me...

Comment

Awww c
                            Leonard Scaper

Comment

There's much to like about this one. But what is not sitting with me is the "cartoon voice" you are using a lot lately. You have a very nice voice. I don't understand why you feel you need to disguise it. Just SING-IT baby.

You're writing a lot of theatrical production type songs; very well and fine. I like songs that tell a story from a point of view. And it's quite OK for the protagonist to reveal his or her personality unintentionally through the lyric. But it's not necessary to make a silly voice for the listener to realize it's a funny song, or that the character is unaware of his glaring faults. That can all come out naturally as the lyric/story develops. It makes for an "Aha" moment for the listener, instead of announcing what you're doing from the get-go.

But. it is engaging vocals that draw the listener along in most songs. And you've got the horses to make it happen.

Just let them run.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxDwt26FZc
                              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marshallsongs
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/marshallsongs

Comment

• Working...
                                X