I may go home and record Daydream Believer...

bee3

• Moderators

No!

Davy was a big part of me playing guitar. Even though he never "played" guitar even on the show, his whole shake the tambourine and sing the song the girls dig thing was totally influential on me as a young music idiot. Davy, at 66? RIP.

And yes, Daydream Believer, a fantastic song by John Stewart, was done justice by Mr. Jones. fabricated star or not, that song among others shined on the radio and the hifis of the world. Still does.

• Members

Yeah... sure, he wasn't a 'songwriter' per se, but The Monkees stuff really resonated with me. There was a big Monkees revival in the 80's when I was maybe 11 years old... Suddenly, the Monkees were on everyday after school and I ate that {censored} up.

• Members

Yeah... sure, he wasn't a 'songwriter' per se, but The Monkees stuff really resonated with me. There was a big Monkees revival in the 80's when I was maybe 11 years old... Suddenly, the Monkees were on everyday after school and I ate that {censored} up.

Same here. Watched 'em every time they came on.

• Members

Great song. Sorry to see Davy go. He was one of those 'eternal teenager' types... which is part of why I think so many people were so affected. And then there's the fact that everyone under my age more or less grew up with the Monkees as Saturday morning fare.

Archived