Too much

bee3

• Members

I had an idea last night... and the melody is stuck in my head. So today, I'm trying to put words to it. I want a simple song... and want to try one that doesn't have a huge chorus, which would be a departure for me.

So, wide open to suggestion here. :)

Too Much

Too much

• Moderators

Ouch. I'm already cringing at the second half of the second stanza. Absolutely cringing.

Sure, that V2 2nd half it could be less... whatever... but I'm really impressed with the scheme and your execution. I'd hold tight to that and work things to get closer to your own language. It's a very solid start. I'm not even sure that is there is a problem. But I tend to think that and others come along with great improvement ideas so...

• Members

The second half of V2 felt a little flimsy to me at first read, but I'm sure you'd have me melodically sold by then anyway.
:idk:

Not much else rhymes with reason and season, other than treason.

• Members

I'm aiming for under three minutes on this one. God help me...

You can do it

Are you planning on doing one more verse?

FWIW, I'd consider switching the order of two you have now and then adding a third.

That way you'll have

1) I want to lay down

2) I want to wake up

3) possible idea for the 3rd - I want to go back to sleep

I know you're not interested in doing a big chorus but a repeated refrain at the end might be fun

Too much... I'm tired of doing too much

I want to sleep till I wake up

• Members

You can do it

Are you planning on doing one more verse?

FWIW, I'd consider switching the order of two you have now and then adding a third.

That way you'll have

1) I want to lay down

2) I want to wake up

3) possible idea for the 3rd - I want to go back to sleep

I know you're not interested in doing a big chorus but a repeated refrain at the end might be fun

Funny... even before I knew you were logged on, I had a feeling you were going to make the suggestion you did, about the order.

• Members

I haven't landed on any kind of arrangement yet. I was strumming guitar last night, had a simple progression and came up with the melody. When I woke up this morning, it was still there... in my head. But yeah, three verses are probably in the cards.

Too much

• Members

No, but you made the same comment on one of my other tunes... I guess you're a linear thinker.

I wasn't exactly sure what this meant so I googled it and came across an online test.

http://www.onionmountaintech.com/files/Global-Linear%20Activity.pdf

I don't know how good it is but it only took 5 minutes. I figured what the hell? It said I am more of a global thinker.

But I did notice that when it comes to song craft I tend to be very focused on details, order, etc... not so much with anything else though. Weird.

Archived