Single guy needs help writing love song lol

G-A-Nator

• Members

Hey guys! Im gonna be totally honest. I am in love with a girl who happens to be my best friend (aint that just how it works? Lol ) but im not ready at the moment to be anything more than a friend to her. Im a christian and i feel like shes the girl God has planned for me but i think marriage is a lil ways away right now. Id like this song to be about either waiting until the right time, falling in love woth your best friend, or about the pain of knowing youve found your "one" but you know youre not ready and cant tell her bout it cause you dont wanna freak her out

Lol i know this sounds weird, and i seem like a love-crazed teenager (which i may very well be lol) but i would really like to put these feelings into a song even if no one ever hears it.

• Members

Well, it sounds like you've got your inspiration all primed and ready. You're smart enough to know that you have three possible angles on this story line. Pick one and go with it. Or maybe you could work all three angles into the same song. You just need to start writing and see how it develops.

Keep in mind that you are telling a story that has been told in popular song approximately 10 gazillion times over the last 400 years. So, don't just tell me that you're in love and you can't tell her about it. Tell me all the little details about what you're feeling. Use a simile to tell me what her hair smells like. I want to see what you see and feel what you feel, I don't want to just hear about it second hand. Paint me a picture and then grab me by the arm and drag me into that picture. You've got an edge for writing this kind of song because you are experiencing the subject matter right now. You can just pluck that stuff out of the air without having to imagine what it might feel like. Go sit in a quiet space with a pencil and paper and think about her. Then write it down.

• Members

Thx for tha tip. I will def go do that asap. Im a lil scared to write a song thats very specific to in case im worng and shes not the one (though i doubt that) i dont want to have a song like this and my future wife (assuming its not the girl im tlkn bout) find it lol im single and i want to avoid as much marital truble as incan as early as i can lol

• Members

Thx for tha tip. I will def go do that asap. Im a lil scared to write a song thats very specific to in case im worng and shes not the one (though i doubt that) i dont want to have a song like this and my future wife (assuming its not the girl im tlkn bout) find it lol im single and i want to avoid as much marital truble as incan as early as i can lol

If that were to happen, just pull the ol' "I was writing from a friend's perspective".

Now, get writing.

Archived