no instinct, no insight

with no will to survive

now nature's new plaything

forever at the mercy of

hoof

and

claw

• Members

Very dark and disturbing, which I'm sure is what you were going for. The vocals were a tad pitchy at times, and lagged in a few spots.....very minor though. I would suggest articulating better, I couldn't make out a word without the lyrics written out. Overall I think you did a very good job.

• Members

thanks guys! i'm working on a bit different mix to correct some of those problems.

Very dark and disturbing
, which I'm sure is what you were going for. The vocals were a tad pitchy at times, and lagged in a few spots.....very minor though. I would suggest articulating better, I couldn't make out a word without the lyrics written out. Overall I think you did a very good job.

hell yes! just the lyrics, or did it transfer into the entire song as well?

• Members

Drums are still not good - are these samples? If so, try a different kit. Buss all the drums together, compress the snot out of them, add a little room reverb, and then compress the snot out of the drums again. Compress the snot out of the chugg/rhythm guitar, figure out where the fundamental is in the vocal, and put a notch EQ cut into the rhythm guitar at those frequencies. Highpass EQ the lead guitar and then give it some more reverb. Add a reverb over the master buss and compress the snot out of the master buss as well.

You want this waveform to look like a 2x4, and then you want to whack the listener over the head with it.

• Members

Drums are still not good - are these samples? If so, try a different kit. Buss all the drums together, compress the snot out of them, add a little room reverb, and then compress the snot out of the drums again. Compress the snot out of the chugg/rhythm guitar, figure out where the fundamental is in the vocal, and put a notch EQ cut into the rhythm guitar at those frequencies. Highpass EQ the lead guitar and then give it some more reverb. Add a reverb over the master buss and compress the snot out of the master buss as well.

You want this waveform to look like a 2x4, and then you want to whack the listener over the head with it.

no, they're not samples. it's me playing my electronic kit.

i'm still learning this whole DIY recording thing, so pardon my ignorance. buss together meaning pan together? and what do you mean by a notch eq?

• Members

Compress the snot out of it is purely colloquial. ;) For drums try a fast attack, fast decay and high ratio. Buss together means combine multiple tracks into a single send track. Notch eq means that you only cut a specific frequency range from the middle of the spectrum; high pass means that you cut everything below a certain frequency; low pass means that you cut everything above a certain frequency.

• Members

Compress the snot out of it is purely colloquial.
;)
For drums try a fast attack, fast decay and high ratio. Buss together means combine multiple tracks into a single send track. Notch eq means that you only cut a specific frequency range from the middle of the spectrum; high pass means that you cut everything below a certain frequency; low pass means that you cut everything above a certain frequency.

alright, i'm going to try that stuff out now. what about the compressor for the rhythm guitar? and not just means to 'scoop'? also, what do you mean about finding the fundamental?

sorry if i'm asking too many questions:eek:

• Members

The fundamental is (basically) the note you are singing. If you look at the track in a spectrum analyzer you will see a bunch of humps (overtones). Pick the tallest hump and find out what frequency range it is. That is the fundamental. Then cut those frequencies out of the other tracks, so that the vocal cuts through.

Archived