X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipstick Blow

I, uh... I have no explanation for this one.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11898440

You don't have to like it
    You dress up for show
    Lipstick in your pocket... fill it full of blow

An 81 Camaro
    Rusted out for sure
    Lost it in the back seat
    You'll be back for more

Is that a comb in your back pocket
    Man you look so cool
    What's that patch on your jean jacket?
    Journey... hahahah... man pass me a cigarette I gotta get back to school

We all seem to be going back to the future some way or another.
    This must be the high school Justin D manifesting.
    Yeh - go for it, but I think that the primary riff is a bit busy. Maybe it would have more emphasis if there were less notes and a pause.
    Hold on - I'll record how I would play it, and send you a PM............

That's no good - we can't upload mp3's.
    I'll send an email
    'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn'.
    CHARLIE PARKER

Comment

Hey man this IS ROCKIN!!

Maybe try some light distortion on the verse vox.... not loads... just a little

also on the long notes

Lipstick in your pockeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. could try a harmoney coming in halfway over the elongated note

cool tune

Been listening to the black keys?

Comment

Comment

Any thoughts on the riff?
          'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn'.
          CHARLIE PARKER

Comment

Comment

Hey man this IS ROCKIN!!

Maybe try some light distortion on the verse vox.... not loads... just a little

also on the long notes

Lipstick in your pockeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.. could try a harmoney coming in halfway over the elongated note

cool tune

Been listening to the black keys?

I don't have any of their stuff... but I think that's the vibe I was going for... or maybe like a Jack White thing. Something raw... I'd like to do a song with no keyboards someday. This could be it... if I can getter over the sheer silliness of the subject matter. Maybe I'll write some real lyrics... and come up with a chorus.

Comment

Ha! - love it - I was there.
                Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Ha! - love it - I was there.

Did you have a jean jacket with band patches?

Comment

Did you have a jean jacket with band patches?

No, but plenty of my friends did. Used to get a ride to school with my buddy Chas. He had a rusted out Pinto and we would pull into the parking lot with Zep blasting and the pot smoke would come billowing out of the car as we opened the doors. The comb was a little earlier, but everyone in school had the outline of that comb worn white on the back pocket of their jeans.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

No, but plenty of my friends did. Used to get a ride to school with my buddy Chas. He had a rusted out Pinto and we would pull into the parking lot with Zep blasting and the pot smoke would come billowing out of the car as we opened the doors.

So, if I stick with the theme... I'll need a lot more of this sort of imagery. Keep up the suggestions...

Local fairs where you can win Quiet Riot mirrors.
                      Feather-laden roach clips.
                      Three-quarter sleeve concert tees.

What else?

Comment

I like the lyric. I'm not sure if he's talking to a chick or a dude, though.

The riff gets old pretty quickly, at least for me. This may sound counter-intuitive, but I think an Eric Gale kind of riff, mixed with the arena-rock one you've got now, might be cool. Of course an Eric Gale sound would be pretty hard to attain for someone who's not an accomplished guitarist.

LCK
                        “I started being a songwriter pretending I could do it, and it turned out I could.” —James Taylor.

Comment

Girls with teased out hair wearing torn sweatshirts and leggings.

Polo shirts, deck shoes.

Iron Maiden.

What about having the narrator being someone's dorky little brother riding a banana seat bike? oke:

-Coco Chanel

Comment

What about having the narrator being someone's dorky little brother riding a banana seat bike? oke:

Ooh... low blow. :cry:

Comment

I like the lyric. I'm not sure if he's talking to a chick or a dude, though.

The riff gets old pretty quickly, at least for me. This may sound counter-intuitive, but I think an Eric Gale kind of riff, mixed with the arena-rock one you've got now, might be cool. Of course an Eric Gale sound would be pretty hard to attain for someone who's not an accomplished guitarist.

LCK

Not sure who Eric Gale is... but your point about the riff getting old is valid. I think maybe when vocals come in, it drops down to just a bass or something like that.

Comment

• Working...
                                X