Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inspired by Stickboy's last effort

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Dynamite picking!
    Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

    Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

    -Coco Chanel

    Comment


    • #17






      Quote Originally Posted by oldgitplayer
      View Post

      I have a couple of suggestions for the chorus :



      The song is about rain, but the chorus line is only 'the weather'.

      How about :

      But for now

      I
      ...

      Comment


      • #18
        If you were to turn this around backward, you'd have a mini little capo that sits in the middle...



        __________
        Ain't no sacrilege to call Elvis king
        Dad is great and all but he never could sing -
        Jesus

        Comment


        • #19
          Ahhh ok...my capo is "similar" but doesnt seem to be able to "only" push down the middle strings



          Thanks

          Comment


          • #20






            Quote Originally Posted by stickboymusic
            View Post

            Maybe your seasons are different over there, I am sure they are.



            In the uk the spring is usually the wettest (april showers and all that(although our summer has been nothing but wet this year!!))



            Fall (autumn) is usually a little calmer, cool and orange, not "usually" so wet.



            Spring time is alright

            But I much prefer the fall

            Something about the cool air

            Makes the water warm my heart

            Wet cloths sticking to me

            Water drops on your glasses

            Soggy shoes and soggy hair

            Mixing down with my eye lashes




            We get the April showers too and on a good year afternoon summer rains too. Perhaps, maybe part of why I like fall rains so much is they don't happen as often. Hmmmm... That might be worth exploring in the lyric.



            thanks











            Quote Originally Posted by Oswlek
            View Post

            I prefer it the way it is. There are more than enough references to the rain to make "the weather" clear and squeezing a "wet" in before "weather" worsens the phonetic flow, IMO.



            I agree that the verses need more variation. The opening line of the song is very cool, but by the time the second verse is wrapping up, I'm already tired of it. The chorus is terrific, great flow.






            Thanks. I'm going to work on getting some variation in the verses.
            ...

            Comment


            • #21






              Quote Originally Posted by LCK
              View Post

              I like it.



              There were two words that kind of stuck out as not belonging: "highlight" and "baggage."




              I kind of like highlight but am totally agreed on baggage.











              Quote Originally Posted by Lee Knight
              View Post

              Cool tune! Clever idea.



              I agree with Lee about "highlight" and "baggage". Both feel out of character with your voice and persona. Maybe something like...



              I don
              ...

              Comment


              • #22






                Quote Originally Posted by stickboymusic
                View Post

                Picture please.



                Sorry its not "really" thread related




                The one I have looks like this, except it's red... not sure how that effects the tone, but it could.







                The clamp part goes up and short side with the clear plastic on it goes on the strings. I'll can post a pic of it on my guitar when I get home.













                Quote Originally Posted by rsadasiv
                View Post

                Dynamite picking!




                Thanks brah
                ...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Someone who understands

                  The joy of being cold and wet

                  who can let things roll off their back

                  And make me want to forget

                  The troubles of the day

                  That set the frame work for the night

                  The cold rain brings her a smile

                  I trust everything is going to be alright

                  “Good Vibrations” was probably a good record but who's to know? You had to play it about 90 bloody times to even hear what they were singing about. What’s next? Rock opera? —Pete Townshend, Melody Maker Interview, 1966.

                  Comment


                  • #24






                    Quote Originally Posted by LCK
                    View Post

                    Someone who understands

                    The joy of being cold and wet

                    who can let things roll off their back

                    And make me want to forget

                    The troubles of the day

                    That set the frame work for the night

                    The cold rain brings her a smile

                    I trust everything is going to be alright





                    I could kiss you!



                    Might need to play with the wording a bit, but I love the idea, plus it is another reference to the water. Two cheers for double entendres!
                    ...

                    Comment


                    • #25






                      Quote Originally Posted by rhino55
                      View Post

                      The one I have looks like this, except it's red... not sure how that effects the tone, but it could.







                      The clamp part goes up and short side with the clear plastic on it goes on the strings. I'll can post a pic of it on my guitar when I get home.




                      That's the one I have, and there must be something to the shape of my neck because there is no way to get a good sound with it on backwards.
                      Don't listen to Justin.
                      LCK - 2/21/2012

                      Comment


                      • #26






                        Quote Originally Posted by Oswlek
                        View Post

                        That's the one I have, and there must be something to the shape of my neck because there is no way to get a good sound with it on backwards.




                        I have no idea how to play in an open tuning, but I have the same exact capo (bronze color), and it works exactly as Rhino says it does. (I play a Takamine G series).



                        Tangential Rant:



                        The fact that I play a Takamine (instead of a Gibson) brings up an interesting point. If Toby Keith is such a gung-ho, flag-waving, made-in-the-USA type of guy, why does he play a Takamine guitar? I play one because at the time I needed a new guitar it was all I could afford. What's Toby Keith's excuse?
                        “Good Vibrations” was probably a good record but who's to know? You had to play it about 90 bloody times to even hear what they were singing about. What’s next? Rock opera? —Pete Townshend, Melody Maker Interview, 1966.

                        Comment


                        • #27






                          Quote Originally Posted by LCK
                          View Post

                          What's Toby Keith's excuse?




                          He's a dumbass.
                          Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

                          Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

                          -Coco Chanel

                          Comment


                          • #28






                            Quote Originally Posted by LCK
                            View Post

                            I have no idea how to play in an open tuning, but I have the same exact capo (bronze color), and it works exactly as Rhino says it does. (I play a Takamine G series).



                            Tangential Rant:



                            The fact that I play a Takamine (instead of a Gibson) brings up an interesting point. If Toby Keith is such a gung-ho, flag-waving, made-in-the-USA type of guy, why does he play a Takamine guitar? I play one because at the time I needed a new guitar it was all I could afford. What's Toby Keith's excuse?




                            Because their top of the line guitars are excellent. If you're like me and don't buy the act, then finding holes in it is really no surprise. Charlie Chaplin really wasn't a tramp.
                            __________
                            Ain't no sacrilege to call Elvis king
                            Dad is great and all but he never could sing -
                            Jesus

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              ...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                nice ^^^
                                __________
                                Ain't no sacrilege to call Elvis king
                                Dad is great and all but he never could sing -
                                Jesus

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X