October 2012 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

blue2blue

• Members
No news too trivial, no bragging right too small. Whether your latest triumph was a multi-album deal or a good night at your local open mic -- there's room to talk about it here... smile.gif

Here's this month's Official Showcase Thread where you can post your completed projects, links to finished works (even old ones) you want your pals here in the SW forum to hear, promo videos, covers of other people's songs, or just generally shameless self-hype that you're far too professional and courteous to post in the main forum.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: the HC SWF Facebook page is also available for posting your finished work, vids, carreer news, etc. Feel free to post here and there, if you like. smile.gif

POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!

smile.gif

previous showcase threads
October 2012
September 2012
July 2012
June 2012
May 2012
April 2012
March 2012
February 2012
January 2012
December 2011
November 2011
October 2011
September 2011
August 2011
July 2011
June 2011
May 2011
April 2011
March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
November 2010
October 2010
September 2010
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
April 2010
March 2010
February 2010
January 2010
December 2009
November 2009
October 2009
August 2009
August 2009
July 2009 [no posts]
June 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
November 2008
October 2008

More on the Songwriting Forum Monthly Showcase

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I posted this towards the tail end of the September Showcase reign... I'm thinking many missed it. smile.gif

So... anyway, these live performances are somewhat of a reach for me, but I owe the balls to record them and post them all to you. So, thanks for the balls support. idn_smilie.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bee3 View Post
I posted this towards the tail end of the September Showcase reign... I'm thinking many missed it. smile.gif

So... anyway, these live performances are somewhat of a reach for me, but I owe the balls to record them and post them all to you. So, thanks for the balls support. idn_smilie.gif

That's nice man. You've got it going on, musically - don't be afraid to put yourself out there as a front person. thumb.gif

• Members

My wife's birthday is on Wednesday... and I'll be in England, so the kids and I got together yesterday and made this for her. The plan is to post it to her facebook page on Wednesday morning, before she wakes up.

• Members
My wife's birthday is on Wednesday... and I'll be in England, so the kids and I got together yesterday and made this for her. The plan is to post it to her facebook page on Wednesday morning, before she wakes up.

Awww that is AWESOME!! I can only imagine how happy she will be when she sees that.

I know it wasnt the intention but this is exactly the sort of thing you could get on a tv ad or something

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by oldgitplayer View Post
^^^
Phew - kids with overdub skills. Start 'em early.
And which part of our grey island will you be visiting?
I'll be in Sandwich. There is nothing to do in Sandwich. I'm bringing my ukelele. Usually I stay in Canterbury which is very cool. But Sandwich... yuck.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bee3

View Post

I'll be in Sandwich. There is nothing to do in Sandwich. I'm bringing my ukelele. Usually I stay in Canterbury which is very cool. But Sandwich... yuck.

I had to Google Map it - Other than historic references to the Earle of Sandwich and his card game, it tends not to get a mention. I see why.

• Moderators

Littlest homey can bust a move! smile.gif That's great!

• Members

I said I'd wait to post this until I had a vid, but I ended up taking the advice of Ram and Aaron from the prior thread. I had my buddy send me a track identical to the toms except on the snare. I then overlayed that track on the tom track starting at the second chorus and gradually leaned it in the direction of the snare (using automation and EQ). I like it, but am open to suggestion.

I also did a few other things, most notably just after the high vocal note near the end of the chorus. I felt like that part was a little flat, anticlimactic, so I pushed the guitars and backing vox forward so it would stand on it's own better before giving way to the subdued finale. Also made some very minor automation tweaks with a few spots and added a bit more reverb to the crashes because I felt like they were too close compared to the rest of the mix.

I'm about 99% sure this is the final, but as I said above, if anyone is bothered by the new snare focus of the chorus please let me know.

Unbury Yourself - http://picosong.com/wUAF

The file was too big to upload to picosong (10.8MB), but I have a HQ mp3 available. Just send me a PM with your email.

• Members

I said I'd wait to post this until I had a vid, but I ended up taking the advice of Ram and Aaron from the prior thread. I had my buddy send me a track identical to the toms except on the snare. I then overlayed that track on the tom track starting at the second chorus and gradually leaned it in the direction of the snare (using automation and EQ). I thought I might have to play with the tom track, but since it had a snare-ish feel to it, it didn't need much work at all. I like the feel of it, but am open to suggestion.

I also did a few other things, most notably just after the high vocal note near the end of the chorus. I felt like that part was a little flat, anticlimactic, so I pushed the guitars and backing vox forward so it would stand on it's own better before giving way to the subdued finale. Also made some very minor automation tweaks with a few spots and added a bit more reverb to the crashes because I felt like they were too close compared to the rest of the mix.

I'm about 99% sure this is the final, but as I said above, if anyone is bothered by the new snare focus of the chorus please let me know.

Unbury Yourself - http://picosong.com/wUAF

The file was too big to upload to picosong (10.8MB), but I have a HQ mp3 available. Just send me a PM with your email.

Archived