Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 2012 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP, more...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by bee3
    View Post

My wife's birthday is on Wednesday... and I'll be in England, so the kids and I got together yesterday and made this for her. The plan is to post it to her facebook page on Wednesday morning, before she wakes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h21sEQ9rN4

Awww that is AWESOME!! I can only imagine how happy she will be when she sees that.

I know it wasnt the intention but this is exactly the sort of thing you could get on a tv ad or something

Comment

^^^

Phew - kids with overdub skills. Start 'em early.

And which part of our grey island will you be visiting?
      'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn'.
      CHARLIE PARKER

Comment

Cute. The last couple seconds are hilarious.
        Don't listen to Justin.
        LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by oldgitplayer
          View Post

^^^

Phew - kids with overdub skills. Start 'em early.

And which part of our grey island will you be visiting?

I'll be in Sandwich. There is nothing to do in Sandwich. I'm bringing my ukelele. Usually I stay in Canterbury which is very cool. But Sandwich... yuck.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Oswlek
            View Post

Cute. The last couple seconds are hilarious.

Yes, apparently... robots use reverb.

Comment

View Post

I'll be in Sandwich. There is nothing to do in Sandwich. I'm bringing my ukelele. Usually I stay in Canterbury which is very cool. But Sandwich... yuck.

Tasty.

Comment

View Post

I had to Google Map it - Other than historic references to the Earle of Sandwich and his card game, it tends not to get a mention. I see why.
                'Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn'.
                CHARLIE PARKER

Comment

View Post

My wife's birthday is on Wednesday... and I'll be in England, so the kids and I got together yesterday and made this for her. The plan is to post it to her facebook page on Wednesday morning, before she wakes up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h21sEQ9rN4

Littlest homey can bust a move! That's great!

Comment

I said I'd wait to post this until I had a vid, but I ended up taking the advice of Ram and Aaron from the prior thread. I had my buddy send me a track identical to the toms except on the snare. I then overlayed that track on the tom track starting at the second chorus and gradually leaned it in the direction of the snare (using automation and EQ). I like it, but am open to suggestion.

I also did a few other things, most notably just after the high vocal note near the end of the chorus. I felt like that part was a little flat, anticlimactic, so I pushed the guitars and backing vox forward so it would stand on it's own better before giving way to the subdued finale. Also made some very minor automation tweaks with a few spots and added a bit more reverb to the crashes because I felt like they were too close compared to the rest of the mix.

I'm about 99% sure this is the final, but as I said above, if anyone is bothered by the new snare focus of the chorus please let me know.

Unbury Yourself - http://picosong.com/wUAF

The file was too big to upload to picosong (10.8MB), but I have a HQ mp3 available. Just send me a PM with your email.
                    Don't listen to Justin.
                    LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

I said I'd wait to post this until I had a vid, but I ended up taking the advice of Ram and Aaron from the prior thread. I had my buddy send me a track identical to the toms except on the snare. I then overlayed that track on the tom track starting at the second chorus and gradually leaned it in the direction of the snare (using automation and EQ). I thought I might have to play with the tom track, but since it had a snare-ish feel to it, it didn't need much work at all. I like the feel of it, but am open to suggestion.

I also did a few other things, most notably just after the high vocal note near the end of the chorus. I felt like that part was a little flat, anticlimactic, so I pushed the guitars and backing vox forward so it would stand on it's own better before giving way to the subdued finale. Also made some very minor automation tweaks with a few spots and added a bit more reverb to the crashes because I felt like they were too close compared to the rest of the mix.

I'm about 99% sure this is the final, but as I said above, if anyone is bothered by the new snare focus of the chorus please let me know.

The file was too big to upload to picosong (10.8MB), but I have a HQ mp3 available. Just send me a PM with your email.
                      Don't listen to Justin.
                      LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

OK... Oswlek... I fixed the blurry line (just for you!). Added piano too... really thought it was calling for it. The only part I'm sketchy about is the ooohhs during the bridge. I think I can do them better, but I have to go catch a flight... so it's as close as it's going to get for now.

http://soundcloud.com/justind/a-perfect-life

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Oswlek
                          View Post

I said I'd wait to post this until I had a vid, but I ended up taking the advice of Ram and Aaron from the prior thread. I had my buddy send me a track identical to the toms except on the snare. I then overlayed that track on the tom track starting at the second chorus and gradually leaned it in the direction of the snare (using automation and EQ). I thought I might have to play with the tom track, but since it had a snare-ish feel to it, it didn't need much work at all. I like the feel of it, but am open to suggestion.

Yes to the snare! Sounds great... you have my email. I'll take a copy please.

Comment

View Post

Yes to the snare! Sounds great... you have my email. I'll take a copy please.

Sweet! Glad it works for you. The email has been sent.
                            Don't listen to Justin.
                            LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Original Song that I wrote. Remixed and mastered last year.

M.M.D.C.T.
                              Hamilton Steele CD's / Hamilton Steele MP3 Downloads / Hamilton Steele iTunes

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ido1957
                                View Post

Original Song that I wrote. Remixed and mastered last year.

M.M.D.C.T.

Really, really good guitar rock; very Top-40, circa 1978.

Randy Bachman lives!
                                “Good Vibrations” was probably a good record but who's to know? You had to play it about 90 bloody times to even hear what they were singing about. What’s next? Rock opera? —Pete Townshend, Melody Maker Interview, 1966.

Comment

Working...
                                X