• Show
Clear All

I soooo love that...

Comment

http://www.righteousbuddha.com/Get_Right.html

Check out Groove for Jr and So Much Love

**************** yeah! Have fun! *envious*
      Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Sometimes you gotta reach deep... Rutherford's bass kills in this song.

Comment

Cool... someone made old Genesis as HD as they could...

Comment

a more recent PG vintage?

-Coco Chanel

Comment

^Woh... he hasn't normalized over the years, has he? That is a strange song/vid.

Comment

Talk about your dangerous breaks...

Rick Holmstrom...

I was looking for some vid examples from the 2012 Rick Holmstrom album, Cruel Sunrise, and found this among many clips. Rick is a long time veteran of the blues tour scene and most recently was on the Mavis Staples/Jeff Tweedy tour, along with Jeff Turmes and Stephen Hodges on drums, who fill those roles on the Cruel Sunrise album as well.

This isn't from that album but I couldn't resist it, since it focuses on one of the most fearsome surf breaks in all of SoCal.

music and social stuff

Comment

I saw them in 86. Great show. Mike Campbell really tears it up live.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

I was looking for some vid examples from the 2012 Rick Holmstrom album, Cruel Sunrise, and found this among many clips. Rick is a long time veteran of the blues tour scene and most recently was on the Mavis Staples/Jeff Tweedy tour, along with Jeff Turmes and Stephen Hodges on drums, who fill those roles on the Cruel Sunrise album as well.

This isn't from that album but I couldn't resist it, since it focuses on one of the most fearsome surf breaks in all of SoCal.

It's refreshing to see a crowded, on-shore, insides-of-a-washing machine break instead of those perfect, deserted, tow-in breaks you usually see in surfing vids.

The music is killer too.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Scotty Moore

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Hadn't watched this in a loooong time ... it's still great.

But this is still my favorite Talking Heads live show:

Although I went through a long phase with The Name Of This Band ... (Is Talking Heads):

-Coco Chanel

Comment

Hey! It's Shooter McGavin!
                          Don't listen to Justin.
                          LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Talk about your dangerous breaks...

Nice guitar. Too many damn surfers...
                            “Good Vibrations” was probably a good record but who's to know? You had to play it about 90 bloody times to even hear what they were singing about. What’s next? Rock opera? —Pete Townshend, Melody Maker Interview, 1966.

Comment

It's refreshing to see a crowded, on-shore, insides-of-a-washing machine break instead of those perfect, deserted, tow-in breaks you usually see in surfing vids.

The music is killer too.
                              Yeah. The Wedge is a place unto itself. (I think there are a couple of similar shore breaks in a couple of 'groins' as you go down the coast, but I'm not sure any is as violent -- or easily accessible -- as The Wedge. You must capitalize the T in The, it's like, iconic. )

I only body surfed it a couple times. But one of those times was during two legendary weeks of huge waves in August of 1969. (The original story I heard about the film, Big Wednesday, was that it was inspired by those two weeks of huge waves, although the film puts its 'Great Swell' in '74. Don't know the truth of that.) I ended up eating sand about 4 times in a row and that was all I needed. We went back up to 13th Street in Newport (the normal best break for body surfing around there was at 17th for most of that summer but 13th, as I recall, was happening during those two weeks -- and the ocean floor really shifted during that period).

music and social stuff

Comment

I played this live with a band I was in for a very short period of time about 12 years ago. Can't say we ever got that kind of response.

We didn't have a keyboard player, so I played those parts on a clean guitar in the verse and then distorted for the chorus. I've never been the greatest player, but it was surprisingly difficult keeping it tight with the vocals and instruments emphasizing different beats.
                                Don't listen to Justin.
                                LCK - 2/21/2012

Comment

Working...
                                X