Friday Influences Thead 12-29-12?

Lee Knight

• Moderators

Apologies for missing yesterday. I was traveling up to Folsom, CA to stay over through NYE. Every time I'd try to post while traveling my service failed. So I sit here at a coffee bar while the wife and her newly discovered kin sleep. Gotta love Facebook and its ability to bring people together. It has.

Long story, I'll spare you. But imagine discoving family you didn't know you had, transplanted to California from England and Ireland, just like you (my wife)... And them being warm and welcoming people. Imagine.

Since I'm posting from an iPhone it makes attaching vids tricky. So... I'm sure you all know Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. I'll be kayaking at the wall later today. Who knew. Beautiful place. The song has been running through my head since I pulled off the highway late yesterday. "Just to watch him die..."

Isn't the world a strange and wonderful place? I like it.

Post it!

• Members

Happy holidays to all

Has this song made it over there yet? For some reason it seems to be on every "cool" tv show and ad over here at the mo.

Its a great example of simplicity, A song a ot of us here should be capable of writing, its just been pulled off very nicely and that "hey ho" hook is pretty infectious ( I am sure if one of us had done it people would be saying LESS OF THE HEY HO PLEASE!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFc72CfJqBQ

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stickboymusic View Post
Happy holidays to all

Has this song made it over there yet? For some reason it seems to be on every "cool" tv show and ad over here at the mo.

Its a great example of simplicity, A song a ot of us here should be capable of writing, its just been pulled off very nicely and that "hey ho" hook is pretty infectious ( I am sure if one of us had done it people would be saying LESS OF THE HEY HO PLEASE!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFc72CfJqBQ
Yo Lumineers - LESS OF THE HEY HO PLEASE!

wink.gif

Archived